I can't believe I'm posting here!!! So excited!!!

Forum: Potty Training

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Potty Training LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 8th, 2011, 05:53 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Hi ladies! I'm new to this board! DS is 2 years and 8 months old.

I originally started searching this board looking for tips on how to help DS pee in the potty. We've introduced it but never actually started training him. We just hoped we would time it right for him to pee and then have a party in celebration. He never would go! I tried dribbling warm water on his legs, running water, and entertaining him with toys and books while he sits as well as treats. He just never would go.

Until now!

I happened to decide to put him in underwear today, just to try it out. I've been interested in the cold turkey method. DH and I both felt that DS is so smart and catches on so quickly that he just needed to pee in the potty once and then it would click. He woke up from his nap at 4:00 this afternoon, which is when I decided to put his underwear on. An hour and a half later, while I was on the phone with DH, he asked to pee on the potty. So I took him and to my great surprise, he peed! DH and I celebrated together even though he was at work! He talked to Jayden on the phone to tell him how proud he was. Since that glorious pee, flush, and hand washing session, DS has been in dry underwear and asked to pee on the potty every 15 minutes.

I think he is feeding off my excitment a little too much! I don't know if it's okay for him to go that often! What I mean is, he is literally having to push it out to the point where he is squeezing out little poops at the same time. I'm almost afraid he is pushing too hard too often. Can he get an injury? Like a hernia or a hemorroid? I don't want to make him fear the potty, but I can't ignore his requests to pee on the potty! I'm trying to not remind him and to let him go every 30 minutes instead, but he is beating me to it!

So ladies, should I try to get him to go LESS often for fear of an injury from pushing when he doesn't need to go that bad? He always ends up peeing a teaspoon or so...

I'm sure I will have more questions later! Thanks all!

Thankyou for the siggy, Jaidynsmum!

Last edited by baronfamily2006; August 8th, 2011 at 05:56 PM.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search