New and really need some opinions/ advice.

Forum: Potty Training

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Potty Training LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 20th, 2011, 08:01 AM
Hi, I'm new here but really need some opinions and advice from those who have been there.
I have triplets that turned 20 months old today. At our 18 month appointment our pedi said we should start potty training. So I started researching it a lot. I read all different opinions, methods, success stories and failures. They had been showing a lot of signs for about a month prior to that visit, so we started about 3 weeks ago. The first week was pretty much potty everywhere. No big deal, they were learning what the feeling was. Then I started getting a few hits. We were going and sitting on the potty every 30 mins or so to "try", if they had an accident I just clean it up and say "It's ok, it happens, next time let me know if you need to potty". Going into week 4: one of the girls is doing great. Hardly any accidents for a couple of weeks and comes to me when she needs to go. My other girl during the first week sat and pooped a couple of times and even peed a few times but nothing consistent, and now she'll start peeing in her underwear, get upset about it but when I put her on the potty she doesn't finish. The boy started doing better in the second week. He would come to me a lot of the time he had to go and would pee in the potty and if he started to go a little in his underwear he would stop and run for the potty. This past week though he doesn't seem to care much. They have all made a little progress and they have all started going longer periods with being dry, but I'm worried that they are getting bored or frustrated with potty training. Will it mess them up to keep going like this and will it make them think it is ok to just potty in their underwear? Am I doing something wrong? Surprisingly I m not frustrated about any of this or cleaning up the messes. That part doesn't bother me. I just don't want to cause bigger issues. So I am wondering what I should do? Should I keep doing what we are doing? Should we go back to diapers for couple of weeks and then try again? Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
September 20th, 2011, 11:22 AM
Well my kids answered my questions! They have all been going to the potty this morning! You can read the whole story on my blog. Just google The Triplet Life.
March 6th, 2012, 05:04 PM
I can't imagine 3 at once! Bless you!

Tags
www.thetripletlife.com

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search