I absolutely have no idea what else to do, help!

Forum: Potty Training

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Potty Training LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 22nd, 2011, 10:30 PM
Joliving4Jesus's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to Joliving4Jesus Send a message via Yahoo to Joliving4Jesus
I have a 3 1/2 year old son that I've been working with since about 2 to 2 1/2 with potty training, he wasn't interested at all at that time so I didn't force it, I gave him a month break after trying for a week or so and kept trying every month or so, finally he took interest right before his 3rd birthday and started peeing on the potty some, as long as he had a diaper/pull up on, he would pee and poop in it, but I was letting him go bottomless during the days and he would not use the potty on the floor, after a couple months he was peeing pretty regularly so I decided to put him in underware and he peed right away in them, so trial and error led me to realizing he will pee or poop in anything that is right against his skin so I decide to buy him boxers...yippy..pee pee trained, he will not pee in his boxers, completely pee free for about 3 months now as long as he is in boxers...but...my real issue is poop, I am at ends wits with the pooping...he will go all day wearing his boxers and tell me when he has to pee, he 100% refuses poop on the potty, I have tried everything, toys, treats, all his favorite things to get him to go, not working, I've made him sit on the potty for 15 minutes and I'll leave the bathroom and tell him he has to go before he can come out, he does not like sitting in there alone but I just don't know what else to do...I've tried staying in there and being like a cheerleader saying, go Jacob, you can do it, go poo poo! I've got potty videos, books, etc...absolutely nothing is working with poo poo. He gets a pull up at nap time and goes poop in it immediately, even though I've made him stay on the potty 15 minutes before nap time, so nap time is when he has one poop and then when I get him up in the morning he's pooped in his diaper, he gets a diaper at night because he also pees in his sleep...so he still gets his 2 poops a day but I just don't know what else to try with pooping on the potty. I see him strain a bit on the potty like he is trying to go but he'll strain and release really quick, like not pushing long enough to get anything out...sorry if TMI but sometimes when he strains I can see a bit of it poke out, but then he'll release and it goes back in...so I know its there, he just won't push it out.

I am concerned because the private christian school I want to put him in next year will not take him unless he is fully trained, we have 10 months before that happens but I am just so scared he still won't be poop trained then. Any advice? The only advice I've gotten is be patient, let him go on his time...well my patience has run dry...he knows what going poop on the potty is, he seems to try to go but doesn't...he isn't constipated because his poops in his pull ups are soft....ugg...I just don't know...any advice besides just being patient would be helpful.

September 23rd, 2011, 08:33 AM
challowell's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Does he have any handheld games like a gameboy or something along those lines. Maybe if he is doing something on the potty that keeps his mind occupied it will help him.
September 30th, 2011, 01:44 PM
brandywk's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm in the same boat as you 3 1/2 yrs old and has yet to poop in the potty! I know when he's going, and try to get him to stop and go into the bathroom but nope he won't go!
With my 2 older kids they both did poop in the potty BEFORE they went pee???

6lbs 15oz 17.5 inches

Sister to Christian, Madelyn & Samuel

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search