3 1/2 yr old won't wear underwear or pullups! LOVES his diapers

Forum: Potty Training

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Potty Training LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 30th, 2011, 02:13 PM
brandywk's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
He used to love wearing undies, but a few weeks ago when I stoped buying diapers in effort to get him finaly potty trained he decided he didn't like wearing them anymore. He's a smart kid and knows that when he pee's in them that he'll get all wet. He'll pee in the potty a couple of times a day when he's in a good mood, but if he in a bad mood (which seems to be all the time.. he just won't go!) Since we ran out of diapers a long time ago and I refuse to buy more he's gone back to wearing his old onesized cloth diapers.
Oh.. and I've tried to have him be nakid.. but he won't go for that either! I can tell he just likes the convience of a diaper! UUGG!
At this point I'm thinking of just throwing out all my cloth diapers and giving him no other choice. Any advice??

6lbs 15oz 17.5 inches

Sister to Christian, Madelyn & Samuel

September 30th, 2011, 08:01 PM
amberjolie's Avatar Super Mommy
Hi!

I'm sorry you're having so much trouble! Two options that I can think of...

The first one, is (if you haven't already), have him come pick out some neat underwear with cars on it, or action figures, or whatever else. My son has some with Curious George, and some with Hot Wheels, and he likes those.

Second option is...just let him wear the cloth diapers for now. My son was a stubborn potty trainer too, and finally when he was 4 decided to use the potty. I gave up on the underwear and just let him use pullups (even though your son doesn't like the pullups, I would think the cloth diapers would be better in terms of letting him feel wet). Even stop the training for a little bit, if it's getting stressful for both of you. And try again in a couple of months.

Maybe someone else has other ideas to try, but just be patient (I know, incredibly hard!). I thought my son was never going to be trained, but eventually, he was. And once he was trained, that was it. Daytime, nighttime, hardly any accidents (and actually, he's only had the odd accident recently).

Wishing you the best!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search