Funny/want to crawl in a hole in shame

Forum: Potty Training

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Potty Training LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 5th, 2011, 05:42 PM
Fiddlist's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
So a little background: we've been sort of doing the naked method for about 4 months. DD is pretty much 100% if she's naked, but with underwear it's not good at all. Well, a few days ago I came across this Potty training in three days or less | BabyCenter and was so excited because it says to put them in loose fitting pants while you're out. It's such an obvious solution, I don't know why it didn't occur to me. We didn't follow their timeline because we're pretty far along in the process already. She voluntarily goes in public restrooms already, she just needed some help with the idea that undies aren't diapers. So for the past 3 or 4 days we've had a lot of success going out for short trips, having her pee in public toilets, and back home with no accidents....until today.

We went to my ultrasound appointment first and then I thought we should go home before going out to lunch, but instead we went to the bank, Dairy Queen and then a local books/movies/music store. She peed a lot in DQ so I though "this is going so well!!" then, she was playing at a train table at the movie store when I thought I saw the pooping face. I checked her pants, didn't see anything, realized it was time to go, and walked all over every inch of the store looking for DH. When I finally found him and we got to the car, we took her pants off and discovered that she did, indeed, poop, but that somewhere in the store it had fallen down her pant leg and out! Judging from the damage inside her pants, we were talking about a pretty significant poop. I sent DH back in the store to look for the poop. He went all over the store twice and never found it!! (well, he found a tiny pooplet, but not nearly enough). I feel so awful!!!!! So, lesson learned: next time we're out and about with "loose fitting pants" I'm going to put some loose elastic around her ankles so no poop can fall out!

October 6th, 2011, 11:33 AM
Thismamaisonherway's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hi Megan
I am so sorry but I had to laugh out loud at that one, I hope its okay. If it makes you feel any better, I have never met a child who did not have at least once out in public poop/pee episode, including DS. My son wanted nothing to do with the potty until he was 3, but it took only about 2 weeks for him to get it down. We did the naked and then bought him his favorite character underwear. Every time he pooped in the toilet instead of in his pants, he got a treat and so on. We made not going in his underwear a game, if that makes sense.

She seems to be doing very well with it, Im sure she will have it all down very soon.
October 7th, 2011, 06:05 PM
Fiddlist's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
No, we laughed too, and we were saying in a few years it's going to be one of those classic family potty training stories. Apparently I had one when I was little where I was at the zoo and the lion was making a big deal of pooping, so I pulled down my pants and pooped in front of the lion cage. It was just embarrassing too! But thanks for making me feel better!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search