How do you Reward?

Forum: Potty Training

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By taterm

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Potty Training LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 3rd, 2012, 05:03 PM
Veteran
Send a message via Yahoo to *Cheyenne*
How do you reward your little one that you are currently potty training?

I am currently potty training my delayed 5 year old son and my 2 year old daughter.

We have been working with my son for 3 years now, and he is NOW starting to somewhat understand that he has to tell us when he has to go pee, and poop. The whole poop thing he doesn't always get but going pee he sure does, so he gets rewarded with special treats IE: a piece of candy or getting do something special with mommy or daddy.

Our daughter, we're still new into the process with her, and she doesn't quite get the potty chair, she thinks it's a toy which is just cute! However, when we do get to the point of her, she will also be rewarded with getting to do something with mommy or daddy and or a piece of candy.

**Thank you Tasha_Mae for my BEAUTIFUL siggy!**

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
January 15th, 2012, 09:00 PM
taterm's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I cheer! and Bella gets 2 skittles for pee pee and a dum dum for poo poo.
Anne Rose likes this.

*Thank you *Kiliki* for the beautiful siggy!
February 10th, 2012, 04:11 PM
LJD3Tdance's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to LJD3Tdance Send a message via Yahoo to LJD3Tdance
Well I haven't had to worry about this yet this time because nothing has happened to be rewarded. I've told him I'll buy him a new toy the first time he goes in the potty. I've also offered candy when he was reluctant to try.

February 28th, 2012, 06:30 PM
RobynL's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We do a sticker chart. Every ten stickers she gets we go to the toy store and she gets to pick out a toy. We have been doing that for the past 2 weeks and it has worked well. Now that she is no longer in diapers during the day I think we are goign to change it up though. We can't be buying her a toy every 2 days. But she really likes the sticker chart and looking at it in the bathroom and getting to put her own sticker on after she goes.

Thanks Vicki for my always awesome siggy!
March 7th, 2012, 08:15 AM
I praise and give her 1 M&M for pee and 2 &M&s for poop.
July 12th, 2012, 02:19 PM
I think candy, cookies, prizes, stickers, high praise, special activities, certificates of "I used the potty", praise from family, friends, just a big fun experience would do. Maybe even give them a "special" hat that they can only wear when they go potty. Children are pretty fun in the sense that they think a lot is cool. I just use whatever they think is neat to guide me.
August 29th, 2012, 05:58 PM
sunqueen's Avatar Super Mommy
We never gave any prices or rewards with Luka - only praise!

He was trained day and night around 20/21 months of age if I remember correctly.

August 31st, 2012, 12:29 AM
Anne Rose's Avatar Member
There are so many different ways of rewarding your little one for using the potty.

Sweet treats are always a plus, but you can mix it up a little. You can tell them that if they use the potty everyday this week, you will take them somewhere nice over the weekend. Or, if they use the potty without wetting themselves for at least two or three days in a row, you guys can do something fun.

They will think "if I use the potty 2 days in a row, we get to do ______, so I am going to use the potty 3 or 4 days in a row, I wonder what we will do then."
August 31st, 2012, 12:29 AM
Anne Rose's Avatar Member
There are so many different ways of rewarding your little one for using the potty.

Sweet treats are always a plus, but you can mix it up a little. You can tell them that if they use the potty everyday this week, you will take them somewhere nice over the weekend. Or, if they use the potty without wetting themselves for at least two or three days in a row, you guys can do something fun.

They will think "if I use the potty 2 days in a row, we get to do ______, so I am going to use the potty 3 or 4 days in a row, I wonder what we will do then."

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search