Is this Board Still Active

Forum: Potty Training

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Potty Training LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 10th, 2012, 09:23 PM
tatanickel81's Avatar Veteran
Hey everyone.

I'm new to this board and honestly I haven't been on JM in a LONG time. I haven't really been on any boards in a long time. Although the few I've attempted to join I've gotten very little response from. So I'm wondering if it's just me or are forums a thing of the past?

In any case, I would love to connect with other mammas who are trying to potty train. My daughter is 2.5 yrs and I am ready for her to be OUT of diapers. I have three weeks until my next school semester starts so I'm hoping we can get her PT in that time.

Any advice? My oldest is ten and honestly I can't remember PT her. One day diapers next day not so I'm clueless here. I've tried the no cry potty training solutions book or something like that, but she doesn't even want to sit on the potty.

Well, I hope to make some new friends here and maybe we can make an active board again!!!
May 31st, 2012, 01:21 PM
muffin300's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My son is two and a half also and I am in the same boat as you. not sure when you posted this but I would like some responses also .

June 2nd, 2012, 10:21 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I will share my past experiences with my son a potty chair was not the thing for him so I had him sit on the big toilet with a kid seat over the toilet blocking the falling in feeling and that helped him not have to have his hands holding onto the seat.

You can find them where the potty chair is and when you want your son to have help for standing up get a kid step stool which will be facing toilet and he will walk up to the toilet to help with standing up for peeing.

Most boys like having toilet targets to have their pee aim at.

My niece uses a potty chair but she needs to be brought to her potty chair if it looks like she's feeling like she has to go or if she hasn't gone on her own for a certain amount of time.

Also, when she's out and about with grandma or parents they bring the kid toilet seat to fit over public toilet and she goes fine going on a public toilet.

My cousin when her son's were potty training would go 1 piece of candy from the bowl for peeing and 2 pieces for pooping it worked for her.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search