On day 4 and totally frustrated and discouraged:( Someone please help

Forum: Potty Training

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Potty Training LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 11th, 2012, 12:44 PM
Okay so let me tell you some background on us!! My son will be 2 on August 4th and we started potty training four days ago. We have the small potty set up in the family rooom and an insert in the bathroom, but he seems to prefer the littleone. We have been home now for four days and i have kept him naked so i can watch closely what is happening. He picked up very quickly on telling me that he needs to go. So we have had very few accidents because he does tell me it's coming. Poo is not a problem and he will go on the potty. I give him an m and m when he goes on the potty, and when he has an accident we clean it up together and I put him on the potty and tell him pee and poo go in the potty. All good so far right?

Here is our problem!!! After he tells me he has to go pee we go over to the potty and he let's a tiny bit out and says he is all done. He will go back and fourth four or five times doing this and it is so clear to me that he is holding it all in. He acts upset if some comes out even when it goes in the potty. I try hugging him and telling him to let the pee pee out and its okay, but it doesnt work. We have also tried running water, trying to do it standing, and watching me. This will last anywhere between 30 minutes to an hour until finally he has to go so bad it will all just come spilling out like a waterfall. In the meantime each time he gets off to tell me he is done he trickles out on the floor causing mini accidents and runs back to the potty. I don't know weather to reward him for going or let him know what he is doing is bad. I can't figure out why he won't release the pee and it is so frustrating because he does tell me when he has to go. I have been putting a diaper on him for bed and naptime and when he wakes up they are dry or newrly dry. It is so confusing. Does anyone have any suggestions for me? Anyone been through this?
July 16th, 2012, 12:06 PM
Mega Super Mommy
It could be if he goes pee in the potty gets a piece of candy after going to the bathroom which will lead him to use the bathroom more often than what he needs too in his mind I pee in toilet I get M&M's .

ETA: If he is not liking when he's peeing maybe its time to move to the bigger toilet because sometimes penises can have different spraying habits then maybe his penis is lifting up getting pinched by the insert

Last edited by Mom2Brendan; July 16th, 2012 at 12:18 PM.
July 5th, 2013, 12:11 PM
Have a potty and simply encourage him to sit himself on it, clothed or not. You can show by example (you, DH or teddy), and use the potty as a little seat while you read stories or other suitable focused play. Praise his sitting there and praise any wees or poos when they happen. Also give him the opportunity to run around without nappy on so he can become more aware of himself weeing and pooing. You tell him what he's doing as well. Have muslins and rags to hand as there will ne accidents, but you can whisk him to the potty at first sign of a wee or poo. A pause, glance downwards or figgety legs are all signs of imminent wee and give you a moment to put him on the potty before it happens. Praise the catch liberally and he'll begin to understand that that's where poos and pres are meant to go.

i would instead recomend you to start introducing the potty, and playing games, and reading stories about potty training....also, i also dowloaded a great potty training app called potty training learning with the animals...that will definitelly make it succesfull and easily!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search