How many cloth training pants?

Forum: Potty Training

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Potty Training LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 26th, 2012, 04:23 PM
Cherished1's Avatar On an extended babymoon
Hi there, I'm about to start Toilet Training my son who will be 2 in a few weeks. How many pairs of training pants did you need? I imagine it varies based on a child but they are expensive and I'd rather not buy more than I need.

Also when do I start night training? If I plan to get rid of nappies all together should I also change his night nappy to a good cloth one? I've used cloth nappies on him as well are disposables but always a disposable at night. If I change the night nappy to a cloth he will know that nappies are no longer something that he uses.

Thanks for any help.

Our Amazing Water Birth Story
August 27th, 2012, 07:48 PM
bookworm16_2000's Avatar Mom to Allison and JR
My DD was cloth diapered and we started by having 6 pairs of pretty underwear (Gerber training pants with patterns/colors) and 6 pair of ugly underwear (plain white Gerber training pants). We started the day in pretty panties and if she had an accident we would go to the ugly panties for the rest of the day. At night she (still)gets a cloth diaper like normal but they have been dry for the last few nights. We change into panties as soon as she's up.

Thanks to Claire1979 for the terrific siggy!

My Blog
August 28th, 2012, 05:37 AM
Thanks for your reply. That's a great idea switching to a plain one after there's been an accident.

August 30th, 2012, 03:25 PM
bookworm16_2000's Avatar Mom to Allison and JR
It worked really well with my DD. We even said you've had an accident, let's go get the ugly panties. She knew she liked the flowers/colors better (coordinated with her outfits) than the white. They were too boring for her. After a week of no accidents we went out and bought regular toddler underwear in the design of her choice (Minnie Mouse and Tinkerbell).

Thanks to Claire1979 for the terrific siggy!

My Blog
September 6th, 2012, 03:29 PM
Hi there,

Just updating this thread for anyone that comes across it wondering the same thing. DS is going well with the TT'in so far. We are on day 4 and on day 2 we had 2 wees in the loo, yesterday (day 3) we had 3 wees in the and if there is a pattern in all that I will be hoping for at least 4 today lol

It was much easier to leave his Training pants off completely as he wee'd heaps on the first day (I would have needed at least 10 pairs if I didn't let him get around bar bummed! Now I've been putting them on every now and again just to keep his interest on what we are concentrating on. That seems to work as he likes to pick out what colour to wear and putting them on himself.

I think I will keep 5 pairs of the Bright Bots (pul not PVC version) as his regular everyday underwear until he grows out of them and then I'll go and buy normal underwear that he can pick out himself. At least them I wont have to worry about the odd accident and wet clothes while we are out if he just keeps wearing them.

January 20th, 2013, 05:05 PM
Thanks for taking the time to come back and update us! Your information will be very valuable to others in the future.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search