she's almost 4!

Forum: Potty Training

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Potty Training LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 2nd, 2013, 12:04 PM
peimum's Avatar life blows sometimes.
Send a message via MSN to peimum Send a message via Skype™ to peimum
My youngest has no desire to complete the potty training part of her "being a big girl" challenge. I am beyond frustrated, because at first, she did awesome! SHe would go pee all day long, the only thing she had not mastered was "#2". In the past few months, she just does not use the potty at all. I don't get it. Santa gave her a baby that goes potty, it came with a little potty that shows "poopoo" when she sits down.... cutest.doll.ever! My Nicola tells me that her baby does not like to go poopoo in the potty...... I am running out of ideas, as her sisters were not this challenging to train. I think part of it is her none stop energy, but I seriously can not afford to keep buying pull ups, and the daycare is telling me that she can't do Pre-K in the fall if she is not fully trained. AHHHHH! Help!
January 20th, 2013, 03:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by peimum View Post
My youngest has no desire to complete the potty training part of her "being a big girl" challenge. I am beyond frustrated, because at first, she did awesome! SHe would go pee all day long, the only thing she had not mastered was "#2". In the past few months, she just does not use the potty at all. I don't get it. Santa gave her a baby that goes potty, it came with a little potty that shows "poopoo" when she sits down.... cutest.doll.ever! My Nicola tells me that her baby does not like to go poopoo in the potty...... I am running out of ideas, as her sisters were not this challenging to train. I think part of it is her none stop energy, but I seriously can not afford to keep buying pull ups, and the daycare is telling me that she can't do Pre-K in the fall if she is not fully trained. AHHHHH! Help!
Hi Peimum. Sorry to hear about the troubles you are having potty training your daughter. Don't give up! I've spent a lot of time researching the issue over the past few years. I have 2 sons of my own. My first son was a breeze. I thought i was a pro. However, I had the toughest time with my second son. He was almost 4 also before he started to pick it up. What I realized is that i was going about it the wrong way. It's hard to put yourself in the mind of a toddler. We do what we think makes sense but in reality we may just be confusing them. I think we have become very poor as a society at potty training our youth. There is just simply a lot of bad information out there and a huge lack of the proper information and techniques that we need. Don't give up! I hope things turn for you

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search