Pooping in the toilet- HELP!

Forum: Potty Training

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Potty Training LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 22nd, 2013, 12:31 PM
RobinX02's Avatar Crazy mom of 3!
Alright, my son, Garrett, will be 3 on Friday. He has finally taken potty training serious. He will pee in the toilet and outside and most of the time he does it all by his self. But he wont poop in the toilet. He poops in his pants. And the thing is, it doesnt seem to really bother him. This morning he peed on the floor and told me he peed, as I get ready to change him, I discover the poop too. So its not Mom, I pooped... Its Mom, I peed on the floor.

I am trying the bribing. Telling him he will get a big prize if he poops on the toilet/potty. I even got out the little potty thinking it would be easier for him to sit basically on the floor instead of using the big toilet. So far, nothing is working!

He is one of those kids who doesnt hide, doesnt grunt, face doesnt change red and he doesnt do it at the same time every day. There are no signs that he is going to poop. You only know but the smell that hits you in the face.

How do I get him to start going poop on the toilet?!

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
Thanks *Kiliki* for my siggy
January 31st, 2013, 02:13 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I will be stalking this thread as I am having the same problem with my 4 year old daughter. She has been potty trained for peeing in the potty since she was 2.5 but still refuses to poop in the potty. She will ask for a diaper to poop in and if I refuse she either puts one on herself or holds it in until she is miserable. Have you talked to the pedi about the issue? Ours acts like it is not a big deal and that it will happen eventually but I am so done with it! We have tried everything too and I am at my wits end!

January 31st, 2013, 08:14 PM
RobinX02's Avatar Crazy mom of 3!
Well Garrett finally started going on a little potty chair on the floor.

Is she in Preschool?? I think if it was my child and I had time to do it, when she asks for a diaper, Id camp out with her in the bathroom. Cant leave till she poops. I know not everyone has that kind of time, specially with more then 1 kid. Get rid of the diapers or put them where she cant reach them.. Maybe if she isnt in Pre-k and she is interested in school, tell her she cant go to Kindergarten until she goes on the toilet??

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
Thanks *Kiliki* for my siggy
February 6th, 2013, 01:55 PM
Platinum Supermommy
That is awesome that he started going!

She goes to pre-school 2 days a week. We tried camping out in the bathroom when she aksed for a diaper and it ended in her having a complete and total melt down. She was sobbing, begging for a diaper. I don't want to make pooping on the potty that traumatic of a thing for her. I have asked her time and again why she does not poop on the potty and the only answer she gives me is "I just want to poop in a diaper." I might try hiding the diapers and not giving her any other option again since it has been a while since we did that. Something has got to give eventually.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search