Regression

Forum: Potty Training

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Potty Training LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 8th, 2013, 04:27 PM
Nyzira's Avatar Just call me Bam.
Send a message via AIM to Nyzira
A little backstory: My daughter (Bella) is 3. She's been mostly potty trained for about a year though still has problems with her bowel movements but that had been getting better. Her father and I are in the middle of divorce AND I just had her baby sister (Rose) 10 days ago. Needless to say this has caused some serious regression. To the point that she just stood up on my bed and peed all over the sheets, pillows and my back. I've decided to put her back in diapers. I just can't handle taking care of a newborn and constantly having to clean up a preschooler that should be using the toilet just fine. I explained to her that she would have to wear diapers or pull ups until she can go 2 full weeks without a single poop or pee accident. I'm going to print a potty training calendar and let her mark off on it when she goes a day without an accident.

Does this sound like a good plan? I'm just at my wit's end with this and don't know what else to do. Anyone out there that has experience with regression and can offer some input?

February 24th, 2013, 02:34 PM
Hi Nyzira,

Between the divorce and her new baby sister, it makes perfect sense that she is going through some regression. I would probably back off for a little while. It sounds like her plate is already pretty full with adjustments. I do love the calendar idea though. Maybe give that a shot and see how it goes. I wouldn't put too much pressure on her. She is coping with her new surroundings as best as she can. Those are huge adjustments for her. If the chart doesn't work and she continues to regress, it would probably be best to take a break for a month or so. If you continue to force it while she is not ready, it will take at least that long to accomplish anything anyway.

I hope this helps and my heart goes out to you and your family. Please keep us updated with your progress
As a society, we have become very inefficient at potty training our children. A Harvard study shows that we were getting kids potty trained faster and at a much earlier age in the 1950's than we are today. Find out what we are doing wrong and why Susan Cline's amazing potty training methods are finally reversing this trend!
February 24th, 2013, 04:04 PM
Nyzira's Avatar Just call me Bam.
Send a message via AIM to Nyzira
Thanks. I haven't been pressuring her. Just threw her in the pullups. If she has an accident in them then I change her and clean her up. If she doesn't then that's cool, too. She gets treats for making it to the potty, still. All in all it saves me from having to constantly wash out her panties.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search