confused please help

Forum: Potty Training

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Potty Training LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 10th, 2013, 03:57 PM
so i have a two year old daughter that is going to be three in august and she wont even try to use the potty no matter what me and her dad do. Now i also have a son that just turned a year old in march and he's wanting to use the potty. so i guess im just a little confused on why my 2 1/2 year old wont use the potty but my 1 year old will.
May 22nd, 2013, 04:21 AM
Veteran
I potty trained children at my job...it can be very fruatrating...especially when the child shows no interest. Bue keep encouraging her! When Mommy goes potty, have her come in to see what Mommy can do. Try rewards if she stays dry and goes. Try to sit her on the potty and read her a story and sing a silly song to relax her. At my job, we never ever asked the children if they wanted to try either. It was more like "Let's go potty!!" Make it fun and exciting. And most of all, do not give her negative attention when she wets or dirties herself. Calmly remind her, "pee pee and poop go in the potty not in our pants" say nothing more while you clean her up. The more attention she gets towards the going in her pants...the more she will do it. I also forgot to mention, maybe try cold turkey. If she does not like to be wet or dirty in general, she won't like her panties to have that feeling, so try that. I hope this helps...and remember...all children grow at different levels...try not to compare children. She will get it. As I have told many frustrated parents...they will NOT go to college im diapers/pull ups.
July 5th, 2013, 10:33 AM
For the last couple of weeks I've introduced potty traning to my 2 year old girl. She has no problems sitting on a potty/loo and will quite happily sit there for a long time. what i would suggest is to try to make games, read lots of stories, ,,,i dowloaded a great app called potty training learning with the animals....my girl loved it and help her a lot!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search