should potty training also include night-time??

Forum: Potty Training

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Potty Training LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 12th, 2013, 04:31 PM
Veteran
My son is 4 and has started junior kindergarten. He's doing half-days (though he's supposed to be doing full days) because he's not potty trained yet. His teachers are amazing and are helping us with his training, and we've already seen improvement in 3 weeks. However, he's a very stubborn little boy, and just doesn't seem to care if he has an "accident" in his diaper (at school) or underwear (at home). My hubby and I figured when we started potty training him a *year* ago that we'd get the daytime training mastered before we tackled the night-time training. Are we shooting ourselves in the foot?? Should we be including night-time potty training in the routine? His morning diaper is not *usually* very heavy, and sometimes, it's barely been used at all.

We're also trying to find what really motivates him to train. We give him "special treats" (Reese Pieces) for a dry diaper/underwear and/or a successful visit to the potty, as well as an episode of Thomas & Friends if he uses the potty. Should we also ONLY give him his T & F toy trains if he has a successful visit? He's in a real train phase these days!

I know a lot of people say "be patient. He'll train when he's ready" but I'm a bit worried that his school experience is going to suffer if he has to be pulled aside every few hours to sit on the toilet...

I'm also 9 months pregnant, and worried that any progress he makes before the baby's born will go right out the window once his sister is added to the mix...
October 3rd, 2013, 11:26 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Well, it really depends on the child, I think. My three yr old is potty trained, except he will occasionally wet at night when hes asleep. So I think pull ups would be ideal for him. Being that your little man is so stubborn, I would try leaving him naked at home. Then Put him in just pants or shorts at school, instead of underwear or a diaper. My two (almost 2 1/2) is potty training and at home hes naked, but I do put a diaper on him when we go out. Once he uses the potty a few months, Ill try taking him out with just pants shorts and a chuck/peepad underneath. Now as for night time leave him in just pjs or undies. It really helped my 3yr old. Only fuss when he goes and give him a small reward even if its just a highfive or a sticker
October 3rd, 2013, 11:33 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I agree to be patient, but theres a difference between not knowing and refusing to follow the routine. Try to make it fun. Give him a reason to want this too. Like give him a stickee or cookie when he goes or again even a high five, then let him flush and wash his hands . Also if he does go when hes not in the bathroom, I say "uhoh" then hurry hurry go to the bathroom and they get to run to the toilet which they like and it helped my kids lessen their accidents, maybe it will help him
May 10th, 2014, 07:14 AM
you can get best solution about which time actually best time for potty time from "Carwyn Turbo Potty Training"

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search