What do you do???

Forum: Potty Training

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Potty Training LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 10th, 2004, 11:36 AM
tig2ger4lifemommy
Ella is great with baths and this just started when we started working on Potty training her. She is pooping in her bath water. How do you get over this stumbling block? She NEVER did this before?

She almost had success on the Potty, she was going in and closing the door a little, then coming back to me. It took Mom a minute to realize what she wanted. Well, when I figured it out I hustled right behind her and as she closed the door came in behind her. I had her pants off to find her grandparents had put TWO(!AGH!!!) onsies on her!!!! So I got one off and then had the other unbuttoned to find a diaper(Set back!!!!) So after fumbling to find the diaper closings...I get them undone, but ALL of that took toooooo long...she let lose, so I took her and just put her on and then cleaned the mess up.

She knew what she wanted and was soooo close to success! Hope that next time won't be so bad!!!
November 10th, 2004, 07:23 PM
BritSidMom
That's happened to us, maybe 3 times now..but it's never been on purpose..and man, I hate when that happens!! I have no idea what to do to get her from stopping that though!! Good Luck!

How old is Ella again?
November 11th, 2004, 08:40 AM
tig2ger4lifemommy
Quote:
Originally posted by BritSidMom@Nov 10 2004, 10:23 PM
That's happened to us, maybe 3 times now..but it's never been on purpose..and man, I hate when that happens!!* I have no idea what to do to get her from stopping that though!!* Good Luck!

How old is Ella again?
<div align="right"><{POST_SNAPBACK}>
[/quote]
Ella is 20 mths. A little early, but she showed the desire to NOT have diapers and interest in the Potty(however, it has to be on the BIG one!!) I wonder if her early interest is from our open door policy so she could see, unless DH was just going really quick.

She really has associated the bathroom with going. Esp. after going to her Grandparents were they stuck her back in diapers....she was very upset about that. She has been making it to the bathroom, but either forgetting to tell us or Dad didn't listen this morning when I was giving Nathan his bottle. So she had a accident, but still wanted to go on the potty. She uses the Next steps during the day and then the big girl pull ups for naps and at a night.

She is a 1T-2T....can you get panties for such a small tush!
November 12th, 2004, 11:33 AM
threeboyznme70's Avatar Veteran
Quote:
Originally posted by tig2ger4lifemommy+Nov 11 2004, 10:40 AM-->
Quote:
<!--QuoteBegin-BritSidMom
Quote:
@Nov 10 2004, 10:23 PM
That's happened to us, maybe 3 times now..but it's never been on purpose..and man, I hate when that happens!!* I have no idea what to do to get her from stopping that though!!* Good Luck!

How old is Ella again?
Ella is 20 mths. A little early, but she showed the desire to NOT have diapers and interest in the Potty(however, it has to be on the BIG one!!) I wonder if her early interest is from our open door policy so she could see, unless DH was just going really quick.

She really has associated the bathroom with going. Esp. after going to her Grandparents were they stuck her back in diapers....she was very upset about that. She has been making it to the bathroom, but either forgetting to tell us or Dad didn't listen this morning when I was giving Nathan his bottle. So she had a accident, but still wanted to go on the potty. She uses the Next steps during the day and then the big girl pull ups for naps and at a night.

She is a 1T-2T....can you get panties for such a small tush!
<div align="right"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
[/b][/quote]

Actually, the gerber training pants washed shrinks and even fit Liam's 22 pound tush without falling off. Unfortunately, they are pricey, so its' best to find them used and already preshrunk!!!

good luck, I have no advice on the pooping in the tub, none of my kids (or any that I've babysat for ever did that)
November 12th, 2004, 11:54 AM
tig2ger4lifemommy
Thanks...I found some on EBAY and if I lose them, I can keep looking there!

Thanks for the tip!!!!
November 12th, 2004, 11:56 AM
zonapellucida
The bath relaxes them so it is VERY common for them to poop in the tub. Try sitting her on the p[otty before you bathe her. As for the other issue--take that up with your parents!!
November 12th, 2004, 12:08 PM
tig2ger4lifemommy
Quote:
Originally posted by zonapellucida@Nov 12 2004, 02:56 PM
The bath relaxes them so it is VERY common for them to poop in the tub.* Try sitting her on the p[otty before you bathe her.* As for the other issue--take that up with your parents!!
[/quote]

I'm doing that now and also after we have the bath.

I"m guessing the other issue is the grandparents. They are my In-Laws....Anything I say is horriable and mean....so DH will have to deal with that one! His dad was even trying to figure out the two onsies! I think Grandma did it to keep her warm and didn't think about the fact we are potty training. Grandpa can't do the training pants....and I think being a little girl and the first grandkid, easier for him to think of her in diapers(not growing up so fast on him!). But she isn't going to visit for a long time. She has been a lap hog(not complaining!) and wants to know where Daddy is and understands work now. That it is just a temp. goodbye and when she wakes up he'll be home. But when she smelled like smoke, DH said enough is enough....I will see what he does on that! He will when he takes care of one issue tackle all. It is either all or none with him.
December 21st, 2004, 11:47 PM
AuntieFromBama
Daleigh has pooped in the tub several times. But she grew out of it soon. She also started potty training early.

Daleigh has a small bootay. But we bought her Dora panties.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search