Pregnant but didn't miss period?? Confused!

Forum: Pregnancy Questions

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy Questions LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 12th, 2009, 09:23 AM
CuteName's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Ok this is my first post to this forum. It looked like an active place full of smart mommies I had my last period on August 17th, definitely a normal heavy period. I've had sore nipples, since August 8th, starting August 24th I was tired and napping every day, then the nausea kicked in. So on September 9th I took a pregnancy test...positive. I took another...positive. I went to the doctor the next day, definitely pregnant. My only question is when? I didn't miss a period, I'm not due for my next one yet, but I'm definitely pregnant.

Has anyone had this happen? I have another doctor appointment next week. I just saw a nurse last week to confirm pregnancy and make an appointment. This is just confusing to me. I'm not even sure how far along I am. We weren't trying to get pregnant so this is an interesting suprise. Thanks for your help!

PS if I put this in the wrong forum I"m sorry...I'm new...
September 12th, 2009, 01:50 PM
JessP's Avatar Lovin life and family
Send a message via MSN to JessP Send a message via Yahoo to JessP
Its possible you got pregnant after your cycle. You just got pregnant really early on in your cycle. There are ladies who have normal periods through part or all of their pregnancies. Most likely since you aren't sure when you got pregnant your doctor will have an ultra sound done to date the pregnancy. Then you will know for sure how far along you are. CONGRATZ!! on your pregnancy and I wish you a happy and healthy 9 months.

Thanks .:Shortcake:. for my great siggie
http://skinny-jessi.blogspot.com/

September 13th, 2009, 12:30 PM
Mega Super Mommy
i had a normal period for 2 months before i found out i was pregnant. i didnt even know i was pregnant until i was 7 weeks and boy was it a shocker! but after that my periods stopped.
September 13th, 2009, 04:53 PM
-Anna-'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Maybe you got pregnant after your cycle. You could have just Oed really early. Or, you may have been pregnant and still had your period.

It will be interesting to see how far along you are. Have you scheduled your first ultrasound??

Congrats!!

Thank you, tasha_mae, for my very special siggy!
September 13th, 2009, 05:46 PM
rachel.'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Surprisingly a lot of women have normal periods through part or all of their pregnancies. It doesn't mean that there is anything wrong though. Happy and healthy 9 months!

non-vaxing, non-circing, co-sleeping, baby-wearing, attachment-parenting my babies
September 14th, 2009, 06:41 AM
Thanks for the answers. I'm hoping I'm farther along than just a few weeks. I'm a military wife and they don't do ultrasounds until the 20th week. So I may have to wait until then to find out how far along I really am. I just KNOW I was having unusual symptoms for a while. And really...who doesn't want to be farther along? The sooner I'm done with this morning sickness the better!
September 14th, 2009, 01:52 PM
No it was definitely my period...it was SUPER heavy and chunky and I won't get into details...lol I really think it was hiding out in there and that I had implantation bleeding on August 8th. We'll see what the doc says on Friday.
September 14th, 2009, 07:07 PM
-Anna-'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by CuteName View Post
Thanks for the answers. I'm hoping I'm farther along than just a few weeks. I'm a military wife and they don't do ultrasounds until the 20th week. So I may have to wait until then to find out how far along I really am. I just KNOW I was having unusual symptoms for a while. And really...who doesn't want to be farther along? The sooner I'm done with this morning sickness the better!
It is really hard to get a true accurate measurement of how far along you are by the middle of your pregnancy. Most doctors want to do them early, so they will know your due date. By the 20th week, babies have started growing at different paces and vary in sizes, therefor, your due date will not be as accurate.

Thank you, tasha_mae, for my very special siggy!
September 15th, 2009, 05:26 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to way2gomom Send a message via Yahoo to way2gomom Send a message via Skype™ to way2gomom
I'm excited to hear how the appointment goes! Make sure you keep us posted!

blog: justjoanna.com | twitter: way2gomom | facebook | pinterest: way2gomom
September 21st, 2009, 02:38 PM
Ok sooo I had my inital paperwork appointment on last Friday and they took a ton of my blood and did a "QUAD" test also to check my Hcg levels. The nurse called first thing this morning (monday) and said that my levels were "through the roof" and she agrees with me that there is no way I'm only one month along.

They bumped up my next appointment to October 2nd and they'll do a vag ultrasound to see what's going on in there. Right now it looks like my due date is April 20th. Good stuff!
October 3rd, 2009, 03:50 PM
I can relate I just found out last week i AM PREGNANT. I have to having spotting sort of... about every third time I wipe there is a pink tinge.... I was not so worried,, but today I went to bathroom and itss dark pink light red and kind of snotty looking ( sorry if thats too gross) I do not have a doctors appt till Oct 12th I read in the book it could be since we had sex last night........I am very scared. right now and not sure what to do
October 5th, 2009, 06:04 PM
I had spotting a lot and finally had an official appointment this past friday. My spotting was usually after sex too. It seems I have a polyp on my cervix. EW! The doctor said it's nothing to worry about and that if it doesn't go away by the time the baby is born that they will remove it. He said it can get irritated and cause some spotting after sex and not to worry.

Of course I DID worry until my appointment. It's probably just something simple for you too. Good luck. I've heard that spotting is kind of normal in early pregnancy.

Oh and for anyone still reading my due date is officially April 17th
October 7th, 2009, 04:04 PM
mommy2Breana+Brandon's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
First off I want to say Congratulations!!!!

Oh and I have heard that you can be pregnant and still have your period for the whole 9 months

Do you love food, entertaining, cooking?!?! Then you will LOVE Tastefully Simple. www.tastefullysimple.com/web/cpisch

October 8th, 2009, 08:27 PM
Thanks for the information.... I have my first doctors appt this Monday. I guess I am being silly but being 43 and first time pregnant... I want the doctor to tell me its alright.... But it does not seem fair to be pregnant and still have periods....
November 2nd, 2009, 05:09 PM
Regular
any updates? were you farther along? I think I'm going through the same thing. My calculations puts me at 5 weeks, but I have been feeling very pregnant for a little over 2 weeks now. strange

Last edited by torrmom; November 2nd, 2009 at 05:11 PM.
November 30th, 2015, 01:52 AM
New to these kinds of forums but, my last normal period was on 10/27/15 my next due period was 11/22/15 but I had been feeling the whole book of symptoms since the 10th of november, on the 19th I started lightly spotting brown, I spotted for 4 days on the end of the 4th day I started to bleed dark red with mild cramps. I bled for 4 days but not as much as usual I went through about 5-7 tampons ( which is less for me sorry for tmi) and then it stopped fully andout of no where on the 26th. It's now the 29th and I still feel very strange. My boobs don't hurt now just my chest I get head aches nausous at the sight of raw meat. I'm extremely bloated I put on nearly 5 pounds in a week. I've done all the " home diy pgt" and all " positive" to my research. Anyone have any suggestions for me I don't want to spend the 20-40 dollars on a test if its not nessassry and same goes for doctor. HELP!
January 4th, 2016, 05:26 AM
Hi! I am in the same situation as most of you and I feel like im losing my mind! For the past two months my periods have just not been the same and I am always regular and about 6-7 days bleeding. My period in Nov was 7 days late (came 11/11-11/15) and I barely had any of the usual pms symptoms. I took 4 hpt and all were negative so I figured I definitely wasn't pregnant. My period in Dec was 4 days early and only lasted about 3-4 days (the 4th day was really light and on and off). And now my period this month was 4 days early again and was a short 3-4 days(Dec 31-jan3). I've notice my hips, stomach and around my nipples are very veiny and visible. I've also been gaining weight in my stomach which isn't like me at all. I'm sorry for so much information, but has anyone had a similar experience and ended up pregnant? I currently don't have insurance and I would like to avoid a doctors appt if at all possible. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you so much!
January 14th, 2016, 02:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyleighsmom2008 View Post
i had a normal period for 2 months before i found out i was pregnant. i didnt even know i was pregnant until i was 7 weeks and boy was it a shocker! but after that my periods stopped.
what exactly happened that gave you the for sure that you were pregnant?? I have been having periods lighter than usual but I still "feel pregnant " the main thing is my boobs ache and they have been doing so for the last 2 maybe 3 months now.
February 1st, 2016, 08:53 AM
I've been having the symptoms of becoming pregnant for about two weeks now. I took a home pg test and had a faint line and a solid line. I took that on Saturday. I took another one today saying not pg. I'm not sure about it cuz I started bleeding yesterday with on and off cramps which is not normal for me cuz when I get AF its cramps all day then next day AF. But yesterday I started very light (again not normal) and was still experiencing the same symptoms I've had for about two weeks. Last night was the worse cuz i smelled good cooking and almost wanted to puke. I'm worried that I may have my period but still may be possibly pg cuz my mom was having her AF when pregnant with my sister till she was 5 months along. I'm really confused

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search