First Time Mommy Advise?

Forum: Pregnancy Questions

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy Questions LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 5th, 2010, 10:02 AM
I'm 24 and this is my first baby. I have my ups and downs, my aches and pains and discomforts but since it is my first baby I have NO CLUE what is normal and what is not. I have a book that tells me you'll be going through this this week, you'll be feeling this way. But if I have a ache I don't know if it is in a bad spot or just something natural. And my poor husband, if I even look uncomfortable he gets worried. Bless him

Any advise for a confused first time mommy?
January 5th, 2010, 01:15 PM
jhall2470's Avatar Veteran
Send a message via Yahoo to jhall2470
Well i can't help much because i'm a first time mommy too, due early feb. but i can tell you that most pain as long as it doesn't come with bleeding is normal (unless of course its horrible pain that doesn't go away) its just due to everything inside you growing and being pushed around. Hope everything goes okay and good luck.
January 5th, 2010, 04:32 PM
lexicon's Avatar formerly SarahRenee
Trust your mommy intuition. It's in there somewhere. If you feel something is SERIOUSLY wrong then there could be. But it's very common for there to be a lot of discomfort and aches here and there throughout the entire pregnancy. You'll be more uncomfortable as time goes on, I hate to say it... but you're that much closer to holding baby in your arms!

I do know that if you have vomiting in the 3rd trimester... that's bad. Same goes for bleeding at any point during the pregnancy. If the baby is kicking you really hard, try to change positions, lay down, roll over, put something cold on your belly to make the baby move away, take a shower, just keep trying until you feel a little more comfortable. Please make sure you try to keep track of baby's movements during the day. If there's a huge decrease or no movements, it could indicate something is wrong. Don't be afraid to poke it if you have to! The baby is well cushioned in there!

I hope I helped answer some of your questions!!

Thank you *Kiliki* for my siggy!
January 5th, 2010, 07:51 PM
You both did. Thank you
January 6th, 2010, 06:47 PM
Marlz.
Its quiet normal to worry. In my first pregnancy with dd I was always calling my doctor. Even now with my third I try not to worry but if somethings bothering me I find its best to ask my doctor what it is.
In pregnancy you go threw many discomforts and pain. But if you are really worried about it it call your doctor or mid wife and ask. Always best to be safe.

Take care hun and if you have anyway question we are all here for you. : ) I hope you have a h&h pregnancy.

Tags
advise , first time mommy , question

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search