Just found out I'm pregnant. Now What? : )

Forum: Pregnancy Questions

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy Questions LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 20th, 2010, 01:16 PM
Hiii. So I just found out that I'm pregnant. This is my first pregnancy so I'm absolutely ecstatic but really overwhelmed. I know the first thing I need to do is make a doctors appointment tomorrow but I just can't stop thinking. What should I do ? What should I eat? I don't even know exactly how far along I am ... I have an irregular period that can be anywhere from a 32 day cycle to a 45 day cycle. My last period was on May 8th. I spotted (barely anything...only 2 drops) on Thursday, June 17th. Which I've heard is normal so hopefully everything is okay. I'm sorry I'm rambling. haha. Does anybody have any healthy early pregnancy tips or anything helpful? Thank you. : )
June 21st, 2010, 07:27 PM
Veteran
Yes make a doctor appointment as soon as you can! While you are waiting you can just go to the drug store and get over the counter prenatal vitamins to start taking. Drink plenty of water and just eat stuff with lots of fiber in case you get constipation, which goes hand and hand with pregnancy.

June 22nd, 2010, 11:30 AM
Mega Super Mommy
First of all, CONGRATULATIONS!!

Secondly, I agree with everything ^^ she said Get some over the counter pre-natals and call your doctor.

Every doctor/practice is different. Mine wouldn't let me come in until I was 8 weeks along, which was TORTURE! Most others that I've read about let you come in right away to do betas or whatnot (that's to test your blood to see how much pregnancy hormone is present, which can tell how well baby is doing). Some places even give you an ultrasound right off the bat so they can date the pregnancy! I, however, never had any of that done. My first ultrasound wasn't until 20 weeks! Boo

My first appointment, I had my blood drawn to be tested for STDs, peed in a cup to make sure I was really pregnant & to test my sugar and protein. They asked if I had any questions, answered them, and sent me home with a bag full of pre-natal vitamin samples and magazines

You'll go to the doctor every 4 weeks after your first appointment, and hopefully all of your appointments are uneventful. Like my first appointment, I usually just pee in a cup, have my blood pressure checked, and have my belly felt. I also get to hear the heartbeat at every appointment.

Around 32 weeks you'll get to start going to the doctor every 2 weeks. My appointments are so boring that my husband stopped coming after the ultrasound at 20 weeks haha.

Spotting can be totally normal. I spotted before I knew I was pregnant, and then again around 8 weeks. I still spot every time my husband and I have sex TMI, sorry. You can also make yourself spot by pooping! If you're ever concerned, call your doctor, even if you haven't had to go to your first appointment yet. Brown and pink spotting is usually pretty normal (if not accompanied by cramping). Bright red should be called in. I never had the bad cramping, but I did have horrible period-like cramps for a few weeks. Those were SO painful! They weren't waves of cramps, though. Pretty constant.

You can't take anything for any pain except Tylenol! And there are a whole slew of foods you aren't supposed to be eating now - which stinks! This includes cold lunch meat. If you heat it up, it's fine. I usually just pop my meat in the microwave for 10 or 15 seconds until it's steaming. No stuff like raw sushi (cooked is fine). You should limit your fish intake - like one can of tuna a week. There are other fish that you aren't supposed to eat at all, but it's mainly stuff most people don't eat anyway/ Any website can give you a list. No undercooked eggs. Meat should be cooked throughout. Your doctor will talk to you about all of this, too.

In the meantime, you should definitely go join your "Due Date Club" (DDC) - it's great to be able to connect and communicate with ladies who are going through the same thing as you at the same time! I'm in the August DDC and love the ladies there. It's nice to be able to post something when you're worried or scared or frustrated or happy

Last edited by pthree; June 22nd, 2010 at 11:33 AM.
October 9th, 2013, 07:52 PM
I just took a test tonight because im 7 days late and needed to know because i have been smoking cigs. the second line is faint but almost super visible tomorrow i get to test again.. im 3 weeks 4 days pregnant... im only 19 but 100% with the amazingggg father.
October 15th, 2013, 06:30 AM
Hi! Congratulations for being pregnant! One pregnancy tip I can give you is eat healthy. And yes, visit an OB! Enjoy your pregnancy

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search