Spotting

Forum: Pregnancy Questions

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy Questions LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 26th, 2010, 04:38 PM
I apologize in advance for TMI lol!!! But I'm 6 weeks 3 days preggo. I'm currently experiencing spotting (brown discharge). My OB told me that this was "completely normal." So with that pantyliners have become my other best friend ;0)

I just wanted to get my Justmommies Pals to share their spotting story (if you have one). How long did it last for you? Thanks and a SAFE PREGNANCY for ALL!!!!
September 26th, 2010, 05:49 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I had spotting before two miscarriages, one late (14 weeks) and one early (6 weeks). Really not wanting to freak you out!! Spotting really IS fine for a lot of women, and brown discharge usually just indicates little one burrowing further into the womb lining, which is a good thing.

Mine started with a thick, gluey cervical fluid that turned out to be the plug (had this for 2 weeks before late loss), and then it turned into brown streaked with bright red after sex. They told me I was fine, that my cervix was just knocked a bit. When the second loss hit, I knew better.

If you start feeling "different", or very concerned, go see your dr. Ask for a vaginal ultrasound. You will not only see your baby, you can see if the lining is good and thick still. That will hopefully give you peace of mind. You can also buy progesterone cream over the counter. This will skew chances of things being fine more in your favor, and will not hurt you or the baby even in the full doses detailed on OTC boxes. It can be safely used even all through pregnancy. Just be sure to apply the cream on smooth areas below the belly button (eg. back of knees, but not front) as this way the hormone filters through fatty tissues and does not enter the bloodstream directly, as it will with a wrist/neck application.

Praying right now that things smooth out for you. Just listen to your body. Drs know a lot, but they can't be you! Mother's intuition is there for a reason.
September 29th, 2010, 02:40 PM
Super Mommy
I had spotting and bleeding with this pregnancy and it turned out that everything was fine but there was a reason for teh spotting and bleeding - I had a small tear in the placenta which healed.

I had no spotting of any kind with my previous pregnancy. I also had spotting with my very first pregnancy (just brown discharge) and I had a miscarriage.

I would insist that your OB check you out and give you an ultrasound. Unless you are spotting after sex or after a pap, there is probably a reason why you are spotting. It could be nothing or it could be something. I don't think it's normal to spot during pregnancy but it is common and there can be lots of reasons for it.
October 2nd, 2010, 06:51 PM
I've been bleeding bright red since I found out I was preggo. They dx with threatened MC. I don't know what's going on, but it is scary as hell.

Tags
blood , doctor , pregnancy , pregnant , spotting

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search