Do you Google symptoms?

Forum: Pregnancy Questions

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy Questions LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 4th, 2011, 07:32 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to way2gomom Send a message via Yahoo to way2gomom Send a message via Skype™ to way2gomom
Do you Google your symptoms while pregnant or while TTC? Does it worry you more or make you feel better?

blog: justjoanna.com | twitter: way2gomom | facebook | pinterest: way2gomom
April 6th, 2011, 05:27 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to way2gomom Send a message via Yahoo to way2gomom Send a message via Skype™ to way2gomom
I really try not to talk to Dr. Google, but there are some times when I just can't help it! With pregnancy though, I usually just call my midwife's office - it takes a little longer to get them on the phone than to Google, but at least I know I can believe them.

April 6th, 2011, 08:53 AM
Regular
My precious boyfriend lol googled all my symptoms and problems to try to find some answers He knew that there was nothing he could do, so he tried to find some kind of answer to ease my mind. What a great man I have
April 6th, 2011, 11:48 AM
Platinum Supermommy
It is really hard to not be able to do anything but sit and wait... did he find anything good or bad? Did it ease your mind?

How are you feeling today? Is the cramping/bleeding still there?

April 6th, 2011, 12:37 PM
Regular
He found stuff like the heavier bleeding could be from the vaginal ultrasound and pelvic exam. That ultrasound was not to comfy lol. And that we may not be as far along as we thought. So it could be implantaion bleeding. That really eased my mind. Since yesterday, I feel like I'm pregnant. And when I say that, I feel like my belly is starting to expand. Pants around the waist are a little snug lol. And I feel what I call cramping all around my lower belly. The bleeding seems to be a bit heavy, like a light period, in the morning, but then subsides during the day. And I was really nauseous this morning! Wow I have never experienced that! So everyday I feel better and better. I just want this to be a healthy baby and a safe 9 months! I've been crying since Monday I was so upset that I thought I could be on the verge of a miscarriage....but today I think I only cried once when I had to talk to my work about what's going on. Other than that, my butt is on the couch just trying to relax! Thank you for all your kind words and concern! I feel like I got a new little family here
April 6th, 2011, 12:54 PM
Regular
I'm not sure if my other post was recieved. So I'll just post again lol. My boyfriend found information like the heavier bleeding from yesterday and Monday afternoon could have been from the vaginal ultrasound and pelvic exam. That wasn't comfy at all lol. And that we may not be as far along as we thought. So this bleeding may be implantation bleeding. I still have a little bit of cramping all around my belly. I read that, that could be the uterus stretching I also have a lot of bubbles and gurggles in my tummy lol. I bleed a little bit heavier, like a light period, at night but during the day it subsides. Since yester day I've felt more pregnant. And by that I mean I feel like my tummy is expanding. My pants are a little snug around the waist And with the nausea this morning, it's like I feel like things are going to be ok. Just with the doctor giving me the posibilities of a spontaneous miscarriage has sent me crying for two days! But thanks to family and you guys, I feel more and more at ease It's like I have a new family here
April 7th, 2011, 02:40 PM
Mommy to Be
im obsessed with google, i google everything
April 8th, 2011, 05:16 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I'm glad that some of the information made you feel more at ease! That's one of the dangers of Dr. Google - sometimes it goes the other way and you feel even MORE worried. I hope you see some good hCG levels today! Feeling pregnant is a good sign, and so is the nausea!

I'm glad you are feeling better and not crying as much! Being calm and trying to distract yourself from the worries can go a long way in helping you feel more in control of the situation. Not that it can change it for one way or the other, but I think it will definitely help you during this time of waiting.

April 9th, 2011, 04:26 PM
LJD3Tdance's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to LJD3Tdance Send a message via Yahoo to LJD3Tdance
Google is sometimes dangerous in pregnancy, but I have done it.

Thanks to *Kiliki* for the siggy!

April 9th, 2011, 09:42 PM
JessP's Avatar Lovin life and family
Send a message via MSN to JessP Send a message via Yahoo to JessP
I used to do it and sometimes still will if I am really needing some information. I try not to though because it seems I am always dieing of some rare disease LOL.

Thanks .:Shortcake:. for my great siggie
http://skinny-jessi.blogspot.com/

April 10th, 2011, 04:33 PM
proudmommy2006.2009.2011's Avatar Regular
I've been googling my symptoms alot lately, lol!
April 11th, 2011, 05:10 AM
Platinum Supermommy
There are way too many rare diseases on Google!

April 15th, 2011, 09:47 PM
MammaHutch
I am guilty of using Mr. Google. It can be very scary though at times. I got myself all worked up thinking I may have a MC because I do not have morning sickness. It can be helpful but not at the same time. The thing is, Google has SOOO many different answers that whatever your question is, the answer could go in a million different directions so it's like, what do you believe?
April 16th, 2011, 04:37 PM
Regular
So true!!! Dr. Google one minute had me relieved and then the next minutes scared out of my mind!
April 16th, 2011, 07:41 PM
MammaHutch
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetpea555 View Post
So true!!! Dr. Google one minute had me relieved and then the next minutes scared out of my mind!
Totally agree!

Tags
google , symptoms

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search