Back pregnancy..?!

Forum: Pregnancy Questions

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy Questions LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 15th, 2011, 01:58 AM
I am five weeks preggers andhave already noticed some changes in my body. I won't get into everything but there's one constant: for the past week I have been feeling pressure on my tailbone off and on (mostly when I would sit or lay down) but two nights ago, it started becoming constant and I tossed and turned uncomfortably all night long (sorry DH!). Ever since then, it has been hard to focus on much else. It's not painful at all, it's just lots of ever-present pressure that feels like something inside is pushing back on my tailbone or that something is pulling back on the end of my tailbone. Told the girls at work (who have each had a few kids) that it feels like I'm growing a tail. Lol. They told me matter of factly: "It sounds like you're having a back pregnancy". They went on to describe how it's supposedly when you carry the baby against your back instead of more towards your front an you won't show as early or get as big as most women (yippie!) but it will be extremely painful on your back in the third trimester and after delivery, you will have bad back problems (BUM...MER). I did some research and all I found that I thought they could be talking about was a retroverted or tilted uterus which I know don't have.
Have any of you ladies heard of this "back pregnancy"? My first appointment is pretty soon and since I'm not in pain, I don't want to bother my doctor but I'm so curious if any of you ladies have experienced it or know about it or have experienced it..? Any info. Is greatly appreciated! ~thanks!
April 15th, 2011, 05:47 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to way2gomom Send a message via Yahoo to way2gomom Send a message via Skype™ to way2gomom
To be honest, I have never heard the term back pregnancy before. Having pressure like that is completely normal in the first trimester, especially in the very beginning when everything is starting to shift.

In my opinion, you are probably experiencing normal pregnancy symptoms. Your doctor will definitely be able to answer these questions when your appointment comes up.

blog: justjoanna.com | twitter: way2gomom | facebook | pinterest: way2gomom
April 15th, 2011, 12:45 PM
JessP's Avatar Lovin life and family
Send a message via MSN to JessP Send a message via Yahoo to JessP
I have never had that or heard of it. But agree with Joanna that pressure down there as your uterus grows and shifts things to make room is totally normal. Congratulations on your pregnancy.

Thanks .:Shortcake:. for my great siggie
http://skinny-jessi.blogspot.com/

April 15th, 2011, 08:38 PM
Have you ever been told that you have a tilted uterus? That is what a back pregnancy is. I have one that is tipped to the back and it does cause some back discomfort in the beginning. I also had a lot of back labour. I showed plenty though. It is nothing to worry about.
April 27th, 2011, 05:28 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to way2gomom Send a message via Yahoo to way2gomom Send a message via Skype™ to way2gomom
How are you feeling now?

blog: justjoanna.com | twitter: way2gomom | facebook | pinterest: way2gomom

Tags
back , pregnancy , pressure , symptoms , tailbone

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search