first time mama, worried bout everything.

Forum: Pregnancy Questions

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy Questions LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 16th, 2011, 06:03 PM
Hi I'm new here, and a first time mommy. I've found myself worrying about everything & anything. My last hcg level was 4848 at 5w3d, 9/11. (I am currently 6w1d) those levels went up from 528 on 9/6 and my progesterone was 24.4 on 9/6. I find myself constantly fearing I am going to lose our baby. Are these levels ok?!

I also had 2 ultrasounds on 9/11. I was in 2 different emergency rooms (the first place i went did a whole lot of nothing except scare the living daylights out of me.) The first hospital took a urine specimen and did an ultrasound. they told me that they could see a gestational sac and a fetal pole but no yolk sac. i didnt think that was possible. when i asked the nurse she blew me off. they told me my urine was fine. after 8 more hours of agonizing pain, i went to a different hospital where they immediately drew my blood (the 4848 beta hcg) and did a urine specimen and also another ultrasound. this ultrasound said there was only a gestational sac which would be consistent with how far along i was and showed no abnormalities. and my urine was less than fine. turned out i have a nasty uti/bladder infection. my question is, how is it possible to get to extremely different readings? im leaning more on the second hospitals information, but how could the first one screw up so badly?!

any knowledge would be so greatly appreciated. Thank you so much && congratulations to all the mommy's!
September 17th, 2011, 09:21 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Congrats on your pregnancy ! Are you due at the end of May ? It is definetly nervous of being a first time mom to be because you have tons of questions but not enough people answering especially medical proffessionals.

I would say your hcg levels are excellent as in more than tripled . Plus I would say the first hospital has an excellent u/s machine to be able to see the fetal pole in the sac which is a good sign that the bean is growing . The Yolk shows up before the fetal pole then usually disappears after fetal pole is spotted .

So I would say the only way the first hospital screwed up is having a nurse with bad manners she should have told you what I said above as in explaining why the yolk isn't there when the fetal pole is there .

The 2nd hospital has a less reliable u/s machine when they can only see an Empty sac vs the first hospital that can see something in there .

September 17th, 2011, 05:33 PM
if i calculated right (i'm a nursing student) i should be due around may 12th are you due around then?! thank you for that information, i have been out of my mind with worry!! its so hard to stay calm!!
September 17th, 2011, 06:05 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Nope not pregnant but a mom of a 7 yr old boy . When is your next dr appt ?

October 18th, 2011, 01:10 PM
Regular
Hi MRSNIX! I'm due April 2 and I have been the same way! I spend most of my days feeling like a crazy person...I keep hoping at some point its going to get better, although my sis informs me it doesn't. I just keep trying to think happy thoughts!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search