Baby doesn't kick much - SCARED!

Forum: Pregnancy Questions

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy Questions LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 22nd, 2011, 12:39 PM
I'm 27 weeks and 5 days pregnant. I have been able to feel my little girl move since week 21. I would only feel her move about fifteen times a day back then. But in the last few weeks it's gotten to be less and less. Now I only feel her move about five times a day. And the movements seem much weaker. She used to kick me in the bladder really hard and now it's just flutter feelings. In the past I got scared and went to the ER - they could hear her moving but I couldn't feel it. I have only felt two kicks above the belly button - the rest are the very bottom of my uterus. But I thought as time went on I would be able to feel more and stronger movements. I do admit I am a super paranoid pregnant woman. I tried for this baby for five years and after two miscarriages I finally got my miracle baby. I'm so worried something is going wrong - like she's not getting enough oxygen, maybe she's not growing properly, ect. And the usual tips to get her to move usually don't work. I try cold, sweet drinks, but that only works less than half the time - and using a flashlight pretty much never works - luckily it did last night to relieve some of my fears. So I guess I'm just wondering if there are other pregnant women out there who have the same issue - a baby that doesn't move as much. Any personal stories or advice would be greatly appreciated.
September 22nd, 2011, 01:54 PM
Mega Super Mommy
As long as you feel movement you should not be worried

Usually when you slow down the baby wakes up. You can also try to drink a glass orange juice so that the sugar might make your baby more active.

And if you are really worried just check with your midwife. It might be very well possible that your baby is moving a lot while you sleep at night
September 22nd, 2011, 02:20 PM
Mega Super Mommy
It is a very scary situation .

Does your doctor know your concerns and did the ER do an U/S on you ?

Do you know where your placenta is ?

What area is your baby at do you know which way she is turned ?

Is she still head up or head down ?

Have you popped a belly ? If so when did you pop ?

Kick Counts : American Pregnancy Association

Frequently Asked Questions about Baby Kick Counting and Kick Counts - BabyKick.com

Fetal Movements: How often and when should my baby move?

September 24th, 2011, 01:51 AM
My doctor is all to familiar with my worries lol. When I went to the ER they just did a quick doppler reading and sent me on my way. The could hear her moving a lot, but I didn't feel it at all. The only ultrasound I ever had was at nineteen weeks - she had her butt at the bottom with her legs flat up against her chest and face. I don't have a clue as to what way she is turned now. I only feel little flutter kicks a few times a day, and they are all at the bottom. I have only felt maybe two kicks above my belly button. And I never really "popped" - I just gradually got bigger and bigger. I'm confused as to why I don't feel her movements very much. I really wish I knew where my placenta is, since that might give me some answers, but my doctor doesn't want to do another ultrasound.
September 24th, 2011, 08:27 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Well, I'm glad your Dr knows your worries and I was curious at which way she was because there are many reasons that are normal for the lack of kicking feeling

As the baby starts to grow very rapidly with not much room to move so more like feel like rolling or turning around.

If the baby is more faced toward the plancenta she would be kicking the placenta which you wouldn't be able to feel that kick.

If the baby is heads down she proably kicking where your rib cage is which is that your more expecting to feel your belly kick but the movement feeling may be more in the top part of the area .

Also, if your baby is faced more towards the back your baby could be kicking towards your back .

Also, since your Dr. doesn't want you to have another u/s you can always go to see about setting up a 3 D ultrasound .

September 26th, 2011, 07:20 PM
Well, I gave in to my paranoia and went in to the birth center for a fetal heart check. I'm happy to say my little one is just fine. She was moving around like crazy - so much in fact they couldn't track her heartbeat for a whole minute, so they had to do an ultrasound (hooray!). So not only was I relieved to see that just because I can't feel it doesn't mean she's not moving like crazy - and I got to see my beautiful daughter's face in the process. It was truly amazing. There's a huge difference between a 19 week ultrasound and one at 28 weeks lol. So thanks for the help mom2brendan and katie love!

Oh... and she still has her head up and they still didn't check to see where my placenta is located -- uggh, but oh well.
September 26th, 2011, 07:57 PM
Mega Super Mommy
That's great you got to see your little girl on your u/s ! So glad you got to see her moving around ! Your welcome .

October 7th, 2011, 02:04 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Due Dec 17 View Post
Well, I gave in to my paranoia and went in to the birth center for a fetal heart check. I'm happy to say my little one is just fine. She was moving around like crazy - so much in fact they couldn't track her heartbeat for a whole minute, so they had to do an ultrasound (hooray!). So not only was I relieved to see that just because I can't feel it doesn't mean she's not moving like crazy - and I got to see my beautiful daughter's face in the process. It was truly amazing. There's a huge difference between a 19 week ultrasound and one at 28 weeks lol. So thanks for the help mom2brendan and katie love!

Oh... and she still has her head up and they still didn't check to see where my placenta is located -- uggh, but oh well.
You are welcome. I feel a lot of kicks in the back right now. With DD I felt it in the front a lot.
Don't try to worry to much. As long as you feel something the baby is fine

Tags
kicks , movement , pregnant

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search