So Am I or Am I Not Pregnant?

Forum: Pregnancy Questions

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy Questions LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 14th, 2011, 12:44 PM
I have been TTC for 2 months now. I have a journal that I have been keeping up with my cervical mucus, basal body temperature, and symptoms. I started my last period on September 9th. I have been on a steady 28 day cycle since last year. According to my basal body temperature and cervical mucus, I ovulated on September 23rd. I should have gotten my period on October 7th but it didn't come. Instead I had a yeast infection so I treated that using the 3 day medication. I have been taking pregnancy tests since 4 days before I expected my period and all of them have been negative. I even went to the doctor to get a blood test 5 days after I missed my period.

I always have really severe menstrual cramps starting right after ovulation until the second day of my period. This cycle, I didn't have any at all. That was my first hope of being pregnant. The second hope was the missed period and yeast infection since apparently those can be very common with pregnancy. I have also been very fatigued and having to take a lot of naps. My nipples randomly feel like they are being bit by some sort of insect and my breast are swollen. I am waking up a couple of times a night to go to the bathroom. I am having a lot of milky vaginal discharge that is not a yeast infection or the medication for the one that I did have. I also have acne which I haven't had like this in about 3 years.

My basal body temperature has been really high and throughout the day my body temperature is between 99 and 100 when usually it is only about 97. My lowest BBT was 96.61 and my highest so far was today at 98.34. The first 2 weeks of my cycle it was in the high 96s or very low 97s. Since the day I missed my period BBT has been in the 98s.

I do have a lot of medical conditions so I am not counting them as possible pregnancy symptoms but I have been fainting a lot, some nausea throughout the day and waking up in the middle of the night nauseous and restless leg syndrome symptoms are way worse than usual. I have Postural Orthostatic Tachycardia Syndrome (POTS) so a lot of the symptoms of that are also symptoms of pregnancy.

Today is my birthday so I got another pregnancy hoping to get a positive as a birthday present. Still not positive. I have been researching it and apparently some women can be a week or two late before a pregnancy test will be positive. So far it has been a week. The doctor told me that if I don't have my period within the next week or two that I should come back and she will test again or find out why I am not having my period.

Any feedback or advice is really appreciated! Thanks go out to all of you!
-potsy
October 15th, 2011, 11:34 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I was a week late on my period before I found out I was pregnant w/ my now 7 yr old son .

I know this other gal who was supposedly 3 wks late on her period and she kept taking pg test which kept saying negative so then she ended up with a bfp at three wks .

I will just say it's more like a wait & see approach . I hope you get your bfp soon!

November 8th, 2011, 04:23 PM
Mom to Madeline
Did you recently get off bcps? If so, your cycles might still be wonky. Mine are still a messafter being off of them for 5 months! Also, your yeast infection could have delayed ovulation, thus, delaying your AF. You might want to try out the Trying to Concieve board, too. Good luck!
November 8th, 2011, 05:29 PM
Veteran
I've found out right after I missed my period with both pregnancies, but I do know a few people that didn't even know they were pregnant until they were couple months along. One of my friends said she didnt get a positive test until almost 10 weeks! But I would think with all your symptoms, that sounds like pregnancy..of course i'm not a doctor either...hope they figure out what's going on!! Good luck to you!

Jaylin Grace♥ {Oct.8, 2009}

Jaxson David James ☺[May 31, 2012]

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search