Needing to vent/ what to do about work

Forum: Pregnancy Questions

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy Questions LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 20th, 2011, 03:45 PM
Regular
Today I am not having a cheerful day. I feel nauseas and the smell and sight of some foods is really starting to get to me. I feel tired, stressed and frusterated at my lack of energy, whats left to get done and my tummy. I am at 6 weeks 2 days preggo right now with our first baby. I work in a restaurant as a waitress. I only work 2-3 days a week. What do I do with this smell issue? lol. I know its a normal thing, and so far I haven't thrown up yet, tho yesterday at work i was extrememly close to it. Does the heightened sense of smell last the whole pregnancy or just the 1st trimester? I keep being scared that I am going to get sick at work. I haven't told my boss that I am pregnant yet and don't want to have to tell her cuz i am getting sick. I had really wanted to wait till i was further along before telling her, as i am not sure how long it would stay a secret. At what point do I accept the idea of sick days to take off of work or do i just suck it up and keep going? I don't know what to do. It usually isn't bad at work. and eating a bit seems to help. Or can I just get medication to help with my tummy so that i don't get sick.
Pardon the whining, I know so many ladies that are pregnant are barfing everyday, and I don't think I have it that bad. Just need some encouragement and a hug...
we are also thinking of building a house.... so that our monthly payments will be less and we could then afford to live off of my dear hubby's paycheque.
Also do any of you have any ideas of what to do with left over rice and hamburger meat? Soup sounds gross to me at the moment. I usually enjoy rice but the idea right now, so does not do it for me.
Please tell me this gets better and not worse...
October 20th, 2011, 07:28 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I would say definetly tell your boss as so you will know that if you do have a throw up she will understand the reason why . Also find a way how to relax those m/s issues because most of the time m/s can increase to be more worse so try to eat smaller meals. Vitamin B6 can somewhat help with the m/s more with the nausea feeling,coke , get those ginger chews like the ones you keep in the referigerator that can help with m/s especially when you start throwing up .
If you get to the point after trying these things and it don't help much then ask your doctor for a medicine usually Zofran , Reglan are the ones prescribed for m/s .

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search