We pride ourselves on having the friendliest
and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment
for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers.
If you have any problems registering please drop an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!
I have this irrational fear of pregnancies that I've had for years. I do not know why. I realize that they're irrational and some may think they're silly. Seeing someone or an animal pregnant, thinking and/or talking about it makes me feel queasy and I feel pain in the womb area. I'm trying to get over this because it's a natural process most females, both human and animal, do, and I want to start a family. I'm also trying to get over this on my own and avoiding a psychologist. I'm an otherwise normal (so I think, haha) and healthy 26 year old.
Here is my list of questions/concerns for now. Some are rather normal, some may be a bit silly. And most questions are in regards to early stages of pregnancy.
1. Irrational fear: I have a fear of pants, including sweatpants, seatbelts, bending over, etc, will harm an embryo or fetus. I try to wear my pants at my bellybutton and even with a belt on tight they often slip down under my stomach (I have a stomach of a 6 month pregnant person and am often mistaken for a pregnant person by many people adults and children) and pants are always tight on me and push into me.
2. I have a fear of kids touching and pushing my stomach and harming an embryo or fetus. I dont like even a hand or arm around my stomach when I think about a baby in there. I work with kids of all ages so I'm bound to get it-and if they know I'm pregnant before I start showing (or sometimes I'm asked because of my normal shape so I wont lie to them), some inconsiderate kid may try to hit my stomach or something instead of respecting my space.
3. I'm sure many people have this question: What if I have a need to push for gas or a bowel movement? What is too hard?
4. What type of pain/discomfort is normal to feel during pregnancy? What should I be concerned about? I know about morning sickness and kicking, and I'm sure my doctor and research can tell me more.
5.. “Eating for two” is how much? Twice the normal or if one already eats more than recommended portion sizes, keep same?
6. Is it safe to turn around in bed, toward the bed (stomach sliding across bed) during first few months?
Hopefully I can get some answers. I've realized over the years that I cant afford to adopt and I want to have a child that is a mix of my DNA and my future husband's (currently fiance) but I have to get myself ready before I just dive into anything. Any other questions I will direct to a doctor and will go through all proper procedures before, during, and after, but I need my fears to be under control first.
1. Those things won't hurt the fetus as the fetus is protected inside you by an amnio sac and when the baby grows the belly grows more along withe amnio sac.
2. Since you are working with kids once that kids know your pregnant they won't ever push hard & are pretty gentle when they touch your belly while pregnant even if you were watching a kid who ended up with a kicking fit tantrum smacking your belly wouldn't hurt the fetus as no matter how strong it may feel that kid is it not strong enough to break thru the uterus to where the fetus is .
3. Sometimes the gas & bm can just happen naturally and if your concerned that you might push the baby out too early while farting or going poop that wouldn't happen because you need to be fully dilated before the baby will ever come out .
4. Cramping in the abdomen due to uterus stretching about , some heartburn, some people get muscle aches, variations of m/s and kicking usually don't start til like around 18-20 wks .
5. Eating for two is just a saying and since you already eat more your doctor might request for you 2 cut down on how much your eating otherwise just eat the way you normally do .