HCG at 14 DPO is only 39???

Forum: Pregnancy Questions

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy Questions LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 16th, 2011, 06:29 AM
Ladies, anyone have a successful pregnancy with a low HCG number at 14 DPO?
At 10 DPO mine was 24 and then at 14 DPO it was only 39, it did not double. My RE is a sweet, positive person by nature and she said that 39 was within the range and acted fine about it but I've read everything and can tell my number is very low. Any advice? As you can imagine I'm pretty distraught. I had Letrozole and the trigger shot this time around. I have one child already - healthy pregnancy and am 27.
November 16th, 2011, 07:23 AM
Mega Super Mommy
HCG levels are pretty tricky you can never know which way they will go as even starting out low doesn't mean always bad as hcg levels can change so quick so you just have to wait and see .

Also how many times are you going to get your hcg levels checked ?

November 16th, 2011, 07:46 AM
I'm not sure how many times they will check... I'm assuming they will do at least 3 more if things double.
November 17th, 2011, 07:50 AM
I'm such a nervous wreck and I think my husband is tired of me being sad/ melancholy... he's a lot of good things but sensitive is not one of them. I have NO symptoms of pregnancy and I'm 17 DPO. I can’t remember when they started with my 1 year old but I think it was 6 weeks. I'm scared to go take that test today and await the results tomorrow. I will get them while at school again (teach 5th grade) and my students will not understand why I'm not my usual energetic self. I've seen stories where the HCG starts low and now there’s a healthy baby... I just don’t know what to make of this whole thing and I'm mentally exhausted from the constant up and down. I pray all day to God that my baby is growing and will be healthy but I'm struggling with the "why" part. I know I should stay positive but I'm starting to feel numb... maybe that's best. My husband tries to remind me that we already have one extraordinary child (he truly is wonderful) and that I should concentrate on that. I know that I'm lucky to have him but I want more. Sorry for the long post - I just needed to say it to someone.
November 17th, 2011, 09:46 AM
Mega Super Mommy
It is always good to talk to someone and everyone fears the What if's and it can be very nerve wracking. I do hope your hcg levels really jumped up when you get the results tomorrow please update what your hcg levels are when you have time after you get them

November 17th, 2011, 11:49 AM
I will. I'm mostly afraid of what will happen to my body if this pregnancy doesn't last. I've read too many stories and it's hard enough for me to get pregnant as it is.
November 18th, 2011, 07:53 AM
Got my results from 17 DPO they went from 39 at 14 dpo to 142! So they more than doubled appropriately! The doubling time was 1 day and 14 hours. I go back on Tuesday so they can check them again and she said if it doubles again she'll do an ultrasound. Should I still be worried or does this sound hopeful? She said that the 142 was within the range from the date of my trigger shot...
November 18th, 2011, 08:48 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Definetly sounds hopeful! So you will get them checked again on Tues and get the results back on Wed ?

November 18th, 2011, 08:59 AM
Yes, Wednesday. I am sooo praying they more than double every 48 hours - I have some catching-up to do!
November 18th, 2011, 09:46 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I will keep my fingers crossed for a very high hcg level for you to recieve on Wednesday would love to hear updated results when you recieve them on Wed

November 18th, 2011, 11:14 AM
I will update! :-) Thanks!
November 22nd, 2011, 01:43 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Wishing you to hear good results for tomorrow !

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search