So many pregnancy questions... Haven't been seen yet

Forum: Pregnancy Questions

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy Questions LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 20th, 2011, 06:49 PM
So, we've known I'm pregnant for about two weeks now. We can't afford health insurance; I can't work because I'm not a US Citizen; I'm not eligible for Medicaid or any other benefits because I'm not a US Citizen; my husband can't apply on my behalf either; and he only makes about $300/month. So, there's been no way of seeing a doctor so far other than today, when really terrible stomach cramps had me rushed to the emergency room: turns out I have an ovarian cyst, joy.

The good news was we got to see the baby and hear the heartbeat, but in all the chaos and worry, and with me being doped up on the pain meds they gave me, I forgot to ask some important questions. I can't wait two more weeks to have them answered, so here goes...

- I know that weight loss in early pregnancy can be common, because you lose your appetite (which I have), but I've lost over 5lbs. Is that a problem?

- How much exercise is too much for someone who hasn't worked out in months? Specifically (and very odd, I know), am I safe to do the Michael Jackson dancing game on xbox kinect? The xbox part is relevant because unlike on other consoles it's very high-energy: I actually break a sweat doing it. The thought of going nine months without dancing to Thriller makes me want to cry, haha.

- I know I'm not unique in this, but we weren't trying to conceive and until two weeks ago I didn't know I was pregnant, so I've drank alcohol and taken (right word?) caffeine. I'm hoping I'll get lots of ladies come forward saying "oh you're fine, I didn't know I was pregnant and had a bottle a night and my baby was born perfectly healthy" here....

- I'm having really terrible nausea, but the problem is I also have a really bad phobia of vomiting, so much so that I haven't vomited in over ten years. I would rather swallow it down than actually vomit. Last Christmas I got so drunk I vomited and have absolutely no memory of it, but no matter how much I try to tell myself "it's obviously not that traumatic, because you were able to forget it; it's ok; just let yourself throw up", I can't do it. My husband says I should make myself throw up and I'll feel better. But I'm thinking since the nausea isn't caused by something bad I ate, and there's nothing ick sitting in my stomach, it won't go away because I throw up. Who's right here? And what can I do to get over this really bad fear?
December 22nd, 2011, 04:19 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Well, alot of people have drank before they found out they were pregnant and things were fine .

The puking from m/s will come with really no warning so you will automatically throw up if you get the throw up type of m/s even tho if your nausea you may dry heave & not throw up .

Its not a good thing to make yourself throw up especially during pregnancy when you don't have to throw up .

I would suggest during your nausea feeling get some of those ginger slices they are from the referigerator section at a natural store that will help with the feeling of nausea ,sucking on peppermint should help too or even drinking peppermint tea .

Plus , caffeine is fine to drink .

Excerise is fine too and as you get bigger you just stop when you get to be feeling as if you getting tired from it.

Also, is there any low income clinics for you to checked out maybe planned parenthood will be able to help you out with appts with not much cost ?

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search