I posted this on the wrong board earlier...question about HPT

Forum: Pregnancy Questions

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy Questions LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 2nd, 2012, 12:06 PM
First pregnancy here

I tested last week (4 days late on period) and got a positive on first response. 2 dark lines. I followed it up with a digital clear blue just to be safe and it said "pregnant" as well. The next day I went to the doctors office to have it confirmed and they did a urine test as well and it came back positive. This morning just for kicks I decide to take another test and it was an EPT brand. It's positive but the line wasn't very dark. Is this normal or does this indicate a lower HCG level? My first drs appt and blood work isn't until next week and now I'm worried. I'm not really having any pregnancy symptoms other than fatigue and sore breasts.

I really want this baby and I'm just scared that something is going wrong.
February 2nd, 2012, 07:50 PM
HopeTea's Avatar Cautiously expecting #1
I'm definitely not an expert on HPTs, but I do know that the sensitivities can vary. Also, the concentration of your urine could effect the result. Did you take all tests under the same conditions? Try not to worry too much! Since you have another appt. next week, hopefully you will get some reassurance. Good luck!

February 8th, 2012, 11:30 AM
Trish36's Avatar Mom of 4
Different brands of pregnancy tests have different sensitivities. But with that being said the strength of the dye in each test could be different, even if it comes from the same box. It is entirely possible that your hcg is going down instead of up (that is what happens when you have a chemical pregnancy) but I wouldn't worry about it right now. THe home pregnancy tests are there to show us whether we are pregnant or not they don't measure the hcg accurately. Only a blood test can give you an exact number and a repeat blood test a couple of days after would show if your hcg was doubling or not.
Good luck and wishing you a healthy and happy pregnancy!!

Project 365 - 2012: http://trisha2012.wordpress.com/

Thank you Jaidynsmum for my gorgeous siggy!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search