Hair loss & dandruff?

Forum: Pregnancy Questions

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy Questions LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 9th, 2012, 05:50 PM
HopeTea's Avatar Cautiously expecting #1
How many of you ladies have dealt with these irritating symptoms? My skin has always been a bit sensitive, but lately it's just out of control! I've had to stop using regular shampoo (I use a solution of baking soda and water, followed by a 50% apple cider vinegar rinse), and I feel like I'm losing handfuls of hair every day (and I don't have thick hair). My scalp has also been very itchy and I've developed a case of dandruff that got a little better after the new regimen, but is still making me feel hesitant to leave the house! I know this is most likely from the hormones (I am not under any unusual stress lately), but I just need some reassurance. Better yet, if anyone has any ideas for a remedy, I'd love to hear it! I'm thinking of trying baby shampoo every other day or so, just because I know it's gentle. I'm not sure it will actually do anything to improve my condition.

Thanks for listening.

February 9th, 2012, 06:46 PM
HappyHippy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I have not, but I've had many friends and clients deal with that. So sorry you're going through it If it makes you feel any better I think I would rather have dandruff then the horrible tooth pain I had in the first trimester with both my kids.
February 9th, 2012, 07:04 PM
HopeTea's Avatar Cautiously expecting #1
You're right. It definitely could be worse. I should be grateful I'm not miserable! Did your friends/clients deal with this problem throughout their pregnancies, or was it just temporary? I'm definitely hoping for temporary.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search