Spotting in early pregnancy

Forum: Pregnancy Questions

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy Questions LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 9th, 2012, 09:21 PM
I've read a lot that spotting in early pregnancy is normal, but a lot of people mention that it's only when they wipe. I'm not sure if I'm pregnant or not, but I'm now four days late and have had some brown spotting over the past two days, needing a liner today. It isn't a lot, but I do need a liner. Is this a normal pregnancy symptom? Or no? Is that too much?
April 10th, 2012, 10:31 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I would suggest a pregnancy test in a week if it hasn't gotten any heavier.

April 10th, 2012, 01:08 PM
I did a test at 1 day late and 5 days late, both negative. Still waiting for AF to arrive, but it's just brown spotting. I'll retest like you suggested in a week if it hasn't gotten heavier by then.
April 19th, 2012, 08:50 AM
I had spotting for a day or so like about a week to week n half ago and since then my nipples are sore, i have been cramping, having headaches, feeling bloated, a little nauseous everyday. But the thing is i was on the depo shot I got my first shot early this past Jan an have not gone back for another. I have been told that some women have gotten pregnant while on the shot i am really curious because I dont know if i am or not. Anyone have any advice?
April 24th, 2012, 10:47 AM
that_girl's Avatar Veteran
By the time you start to experience symptoms such as nausea and sore breasts, you should be getting a positive pregnancy test (if you're actually pregnant). This is because the hormones that pregnancy tests detect are the culprit behind these types of symptoms. Each day these hormones increase and by the time you have physical symptoms there should be enough in your urine to give a positive test.

That said......sore breasts, nausea and other physical symptoms are also related to your monthly cycle and PMS. Its easy to mistake them for pregnancy symptoms if you have a late period or you are on depo, have an IUD or other similar forms of birth control (Believe me I've been there!). It is possible to get pregnant while on all types of birth control including depo so if you are unsure, test. If the test is negative and you're still unsure, call your Dr. They should be able to get to the bottom of it with a blood test and pelvic exam.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search