Matron of Honor at 37 Weeks

Forum: Pregnancy Questions

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy Questions LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 22nd, 2012, 06:44 PM
So I am the matron of honor in a wedding that will take place 2 hours from my hospital three weeks before my due date. I suppose that my question has multiple parts.

My first concern is an issue of dress size. I'm usually a 0 (5'7" and 108lbs), so I bought an 8, and the dress is relatively flowy. Do you think that that will be big enough? I'm 13 weeks now and have gained about 3 pounds.

Next, how would you feel about going to a traditional bachelorette party (night clubs, strip clubs, bars, etc) while 34 or so weeks pregnant? I am uncomfortable with it but haven't said anything, hoping that I'll feel better about it later.

And, if you've had a child already, any advice about her wedding day itself? This has been a major concern of mine, which is unfortunate, because I feel so lucky that we didn't have any issues getting pregnant exactly when we wanted to!! I really appreciate your help!!

Last edited by EMama; April 22nd, 2012 at 06:59 PM.
April 23rd, 2012, 04:13 AM
Urchin's Avatar Loving every minute.
Quote:
My first concern is an issue of dress size. I'm usually a 0 (5'7" and 108lbs), so I bought an 8, and the dress is relatively flowy. Do you think that that will be big enough? I'm 13 weeks now and have gained about 3 pounds.
It's really really hard to say if the dress will fit you so far down the road. I was mostly all belly with my pregnancy but I had a hard time fitting in any of my olf clothes unless they had a LOT of stretch to them. It's so hard to know if you'll gain weight all over, just be belly, and how much your whole body will change.

Quote:
Next, how would you feel about going to a traditional bachelorette party (night clubs, strip clubs, bars, etc) while 34 or so weeks pregnant? I am uncomfortable with it but haven't said anything, hoping that I'll feel better about it later
I'm not sure what bars are like where you live, but I personally wouldn't have felt comfortable going to those places while I was pregnant. I'm not "prude" or anything like that, but I would just worry about being around unpredictable, drunk people.

Quote:
And, if you've had a child already, any advice about her wedding day itself? This has been a major concern of mine, which is unfortunate, because I feel so lucky that we didn't have any issues getting pregnant exactly when we wanted to!! I really appreciate your help!!
I'm not sure what you're asking here. Are you worried about how you'll feel at her wedding being pregnant?

Good luck !I hope everything works out for you!

April 23rd, 2012, 03:37 PM
Thank you so much for responding. I was wondering about the standing and the long day more than anything when asking about the wedding. I really appreciate the support with regards to the bar setting. I can't imagine seeing a VERY pregnant woman at a bar in Philadelphia, and I feel like I would hate to be that woman, but if I'm being a baby, I suppose I could suck it up! Keep the responses coming!!
April 23rd, 2012, 04:28 PM
Urchin's Avatar Loving every minute.
every woman is different...I know for me personally (I had some complications) that standing in the heat at all would have been tough for me. Some ladies would have no problem at all though! It's just a guessing game for most I guess!

Tags
moh , wedding

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search