1st Trimester Spotting - Please share your POSITIVE outcomes

Forum: Pregnancy Questions

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy Questions LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 24th, 2012, 12:40 PM
that_girl's Avatar Veteran
I keep seeing all these posts across the internet about spotting from freaked out moms to be with no resolution. It can be a very scary thing to have spotting during the first trimester and reading through mountains of threads where the OP never updates about her outcome doesn't help. I can certainly understand not wanting to update if there is a pregnancy loss, but I swear NONE of these threads have an outcome and I know they can't all be bad!! So I decided to make a happy positive thread about first trimester spotting and I hope other moms and moms to be will join in and contribute. C'mon ladies, lets share some positive outcomes and throw some piece of mind and encouragement out there

Ill go first:
I had spotting twice in my 1st trimester (Im still in my 1st tri. 7 1/2 weeks today) and it was really freaky. No pregnant lady wants to see spotting, especially not after TTC for 7 months!! I spotted (pinkish CM for 3 days) at exactly 7dpo and had some mild AF like cramping for about an hour. Then a few days later I had what I call "funny tummy" and something just felt weird so I took a test and there was a faint line. I took another one the next morning and there was definitely a BFP which I confirmed with a digital that read "PREGNANT". AHHHHHHHhhhhhhhh!! I was so excited!! I took the first round of spotting to be implantation bleeding but who really knows. The second time I had spotting was at 6 weeks and it was more than the first time. It was brown and it was there every time I used the restroom for 3 days. I frantically called the Dr who assured me that as long as it didn't turn red or get heavier and I didn't have sever cramping or backache that it was probably fine. "PROBABLY FINE"....SO NOT REASSURING! A few days after it stopped I saw the Dr and she did an exam and saw I had a mild yeast infection. She said that could have been the reason for the spotting. She said I was A-OK!! and my nausea, sore bbs and exhaustion are getting worse and worse so I know that HCG is going up.

Basically what I learned from this is that spotting brown even for a few days is (probably) OK. If it's accompanied by sever cramping (much worse than AF cramping) or a sever lower backache or if it turns red and gets heavier or all of the above, you should seek medical attention right away. Spotting of any kind should be reported to your Dr so they can assess if you need to be seen or not. AND....last but not least, there are many positive outcomes to early pregnancy spotting. It's fairly common and although freaky, usually nothing to worry about.

I hope more ladies who have positive outcomes will post them here so we can spread some encouragement
April 24th, 2012, 12:44 PM
Urchin's Avatar Loving every minute.
Spotting during pregnancy is SO scary.

With my daughter, I spotted pink and brown on and off from 5 weeks until 17 weeks. It was terrifying and the doctors just couldn't find a reason as to why it was happening. We did ultrasounds and checked my cervix, but all was fine.

I did have other complications with my pregnancy later on (kidney problems with me and IUGR with baby) but I am pretty sure those were unrelated.

My baby girl was born healthy after an induction at 38.5 weeks

Spotting is scary but not necessarily a bad thing! I know I was worried every time it happened, but I am proof that you can have a positive outcome

Proud mama to Audrina (10-10-2011) & Bryden (09-19-2014)

April 25th, 2012, 05:32 PM
I noticed spotting around 4 weeks and then again around 6, but very minor and never got heavier. At one point, it looked like diluted blood, which really worried me, but as far as I can tell, there are reasons for the 4 week (implantation) bleeding. I think that as long as it's really light and never gets worse, you should be ok. Keep us posted.

Tags
first trimester , implantation bleeding , spotting

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search