Is this normal? or Could i be further along? or carrying twins?

Forum: Pregnancy Questions

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy Questions LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 3rd, 2012, 05:01 AM
Proud mom since 12/27/12
I was due to start Tuesday, and when I didn't, I tested Wednesday morning. i used a first response test and it says it takes 3 minutes to get results, but I got mine pretty much as soon as my pee touched the stick!
It worried me and I thought maybe the test was broken or something because it came back so fast, so i bought the walmart brand test two pack, and took one last night before my husband got home. The pamphlet says it takes 2 minutes but I got the positive result as soon as it touched the stick again. I took the other one this morning and the same thing happened.

I've also noticed some symptoms I shouldn't be having at this point...like pms like cramping that comes and goes and I've already gained 6 pounds! I haven't even been eating that much different, just a little bit more. like if I go to McDonald's I'll get a medium fry instead of a small. But I've been so nauseous lately that I haven't eaten much of anything :/

I remember with my sister's second pregnancy, she said that happened to her and she was further along than she thought she was.

And twins are really common in my family. it would only make sense that if it were twins I'd have twice as many hormones??

I'm still worried about it coming out so fast, and I'm going to the doctor today so i will talk to him about it then.

I'd love to hear stories of women who had the same problem and gave birth to perfectly happy healthy babies
May 3rd, 2012, 07:26 AM
one.juniper's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to one.juniper
I was further along then I thought when I took my first pregnancy test. I was a couple days late... I was actually a couple weeks late. I had some implantation bleeding and cramping, which I mistook for my period the month before (it seemed like a short period with a light flow but I wasn't TTC so I didn't really think much of it). Is this possible for you, or was your last period completely normal flow?

Pinterest
Flickr
May 3rd, 2012, 08:17 AM
Proud mom since 12/27/12
Quote:
Originally Posted by one.juniper View Post
I was further along then I thought when I took my first pregnancy test. I was a couple days late... I was actually a couple weeks late. I had some implantation bleeding and cramping, which I mistook for my period the month before (it seemed like a short period with a light flow but I wasn't TTC so I didn't really think much of it). Is this possible for you, or was your last period completely normal flow?
Actually my last period was pretty normal. it had a normal flow but it only lasted 3 days instead of my normal 6. I had a short period the month before too, so I figured it was because my periods were out of balance.
Well I go to the doctor here in about an hour, so I'll let you know what he thinks (if he says anything at all that is)
May 3rd, 2012, 05:27 PM
Mega Super Mommy
What was the doctor update ?

May 5th, 2012, 12:22 PM
mojomama's Avatar Super Mommy
My mom's bff had a completely normal period the first month of all five of her pregnancies. it happens! what did your Dr say?
May 21st, 2012, 08:00 AM
This is the same thing im wondering?? I brushed off all symptoms to meds but i also had an xrays and seen two humps...worried theres twins! Did you know the probability of twins with no history is 3/100 and being overweight ups your chances? Lol. But i also havent had a period since my tgird baby and she is now two. So hypothetically i can be anywhere from 1-3mos. But... Worried! My test also showed very quick. Like instantly and ive taken six tests. Also my urine smells really sweet.. What was your appt outcome?

Tags
fast , postive , symptoms , twins

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search