Lebetalol during early pregnancy

Forum: Pregnancy Questions

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy Questions LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 22nd, 2012, 10:52 AM
Hi everyone. I had my first ultrasound today and I am 6 weeks and 1 day pregnant. I have high blood pressure and have had it for awhile since my first pregnancy but it is not alarmingly high so they put me on Labetalol again. I was just wondering if anyone has been on Labetalol during an early pregnancy? I was suppose to take it during my last pregnancy but I was ignorant and scared so I did not do it. I took it for the first time today and I am a little shaky. I know last time I tried it I was shaky the first few days and it went away they told me that it was just my body getting use to the medicine. It still scares me though.
May 22nd, 2012, 12:44 PM
quietsong's Avatar Just Another Slacker Mom
Send a message via MSN to quietsong
The FDA lists Lebetalol as a class C drug, meaning they haven't specifically done a lot of studies on pregnant women, but from the research they have done it is safe. Like all medications, there is always a tiny chance of side effects, but if your doctor thinks you need it, I'd take it. I know JM has had some members over the years taking it during pregnancy, including early pregnancy, and their babies were just fine Congratulations on your pregnancy, and welcome to the boards!

Visit My Blog, and come join me at the JM Blogs!
Thank you Jaidynsmum for the siggy!
June 9th, 2012, 11:44 AM
Nugget0612's Avatar First time Mommy
I have a fast heart rate and have been on inderal for a few years. When I told my doctor i was trying for a baby, she put me on labetalol. I started it on around may 18th...and am now pregnant (almost 5 weeks) and still taking it....my doc said it was safe in pregnancies.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search