High HCG level but no baby on ultra sound! HELP?!

Forum: Pregnancy Questions

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By destiny hope

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy Questions LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 3rd, 2012, 07:15 AM
Hey y'all.
I went to the doctor on Friday (6-1-12) and there was no baby on the ultra sound, I was giving a regular one and a vaginal one. Still nothing. My doctor said I will probably miscarry but the weird thing is, my blood work came back perfect and my HCG levels were at 54,000!! He wants to schedule a D&C but I know my lil peanut is in there somewhere!

I am really scared and nervous because if I miscarry, this will be my SECOND in less than FIVE months I have add very little bleeding once for less than 24 hours and no cramping. I "feel" pregnant. The last one didnt feel right, but this one does. I go back on Monday (tomorrow) for more blood work. I am terrified I will get bad news.

Is this possible??? Please help!
June 3rd, 2012, 02:35 PM
momof8lopez's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I would ask for one more u/s in a few days. With a beta of 54,000 you should have a baby and a h/b. If your tubes looks good, he may be concerned of a cervical ectopic. They can not be seen via u/s and d&c's are required when there is no evidence of pregnancy in the uterus. If your uterus is tipped very far back, one more u/s should be done before a d&c. Praying for good results for you.

Momma of 8 beautiful children now. Most recent is Jerry Jr. born 11/19/12 at 37wk, 7lbs 6oz and 19.5inches and Baby Reymundo born 10/7/13 at 35w6d, 6lbs 7oz, 19.5 inches. Momma of 5 angels. New siggy to come!

June 3rd, 2012, 08:06 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Where did you get your u/s taken at if it was a doctors office some of them can be older other than that it's possible they didn't zoom in close enough to see the baby could be angled in a different manner.

Did they see a sac ,any Yolk Sac in there ? How many weeks are you ?

June 11th, 2012, 12:22 PM
Proud mom since 12/27/12
How far along are you?
Most doctors will only give a transvaginal exam (i think is what it's called) around 8 weeks, unless there is a problem.

Mainly because the fetus can't be seen with a 2d u/s that early. It's usually hiding behind the pelvic bone.

Also, many times, a baby can't be seen before 8 weeks. It will only be an inch long.

I would ask for another, and keep taking your vitamins because even doctor are wrong sometimes.

Ectopic pregnancy could be a concern with the doc, or it may just not be a viable pregnancy...
Sadly, that happens sometimes and all we can really do is confide in the people we trust most.

Sorry I couldn't be of more help
July 26th, 2012, 11:33 AM
destiny hope's Avatar Veteran
I had that happen nd i don't want to be getting u down but it was a molar pregnancy hope that's not the case but with numbers that high early on and not seeing the baby with a hb is rare i hope everything is fine and u go on to have a health pregnancy
LuvRBx5 likes this.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search