Smoking While Pregnant

Forum: Pregnancy Questions

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy Questions LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 26th, 2012, 08:41 AM
Anne Rose's Avatar Member
How do you get someone to quit smoking while pregnant? My friend and his girlfriend is pregnant. In the beginning, she said that she is going to smoke less until she can stop. We all knew that that would never happen, but we still hoped for the best. Now, at 6 months pregnant, she still smoke like she used to and she listens to nobody. We all showed her the dangerous of smoking while pregnant, and EVERYONE told her to stop, but she just doesn't care. I know there is probably nothing I can do, but I cannot even look at her while she sits there, smoking with a baby on the way. Any advice?
June 26th, 2012, 02:42 PM
Regular
My cousins did the same thing while they were pregnant and it used to piss me off. Lucky for them, they delivered healthy babies with no issues but it's sad that they didn't care either way. I quit cold turkey as soon as I got my BFP. It was easy for me because I know I'm not just harming myself anymore.

But I think you're right, there isn't much you can do about it. People like that never listen to reason. You can simply stop going around her while she's still smoking. Chances are she's not going to quit after baby is born too, which puts baby at even further risk. It's a sad situation for the innocent baby.
June 27th, 2012, 08:47 AM
You won't get her to quit until she is ready to quit. My advice is to not let it get in the way of your friendship. You have done what you can now it is up to her.
July 19th, 2012, 08:59 AM
Anne Rose's Avatar Member
I suppose I should let her be, it is her life. It is just so hard seeing her do that to her baby. I just wish that she would take it more seriously!
July 30th, 2012, 12:40 AM
Regular
Let her chew bubble gum or candy as replacement for cigars.
September 2nd, 2012, 05:29 PM
.:Kati:.'s Avatar kyler's mommy
She doesn't have to quit that's up to her you can't make her that's just going to piss her off. I stopped smoking through my 1st and 2nd tri,i started smoking again during my 3rd tri until birth. I imagine you're not a smoker because it's not easy as "just quitting" if you're that dependent on nicotine and you suddenly stop while pregnant you can possibly be putting your baby at risk for a MS due to the stress.

Last edited by .:Kati:.; September 2nd, 2012 at 05:33 PM.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search