Horrible Dr. and ultrasound tech - needing some reassurance!

Forum: Pregnancy Questions

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By pickle0313

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy Questions LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 10th, 2012, 03:44 PM
Hello everyone! I had my primary care Dr. schedule an ultrasound for me today as I have some medical issues that could effect my pregnancy and I really wanted to just have the peice of mind to know all was on the right track. I went in and had it done, first abdominally but unable to see anything and then transvaginally. The tech was rude and stated "See, it's to early. You are about 5-5 1/2 weeks... All I see is the sac. But it's where it's supposed to be and this (points to screen) is the very start of the fetal pole." The way she said everything was so negitive, I just kept my mouth shut. I decided I would ask the Dr. questions. When he came in to speak with me, it was the same way. That they really didn't see anything, all he could say was that it was in the right spot. When I tried to ask questions he replied he couldn't tell me what was going to happen in two months based on my ultrasound today. Well doc, thats a good thing- because I'm not asking about 2 months from now... I'm asking about today. All I was really asking was is what you are seeing what you should be seeing at this time? He wouldn't answer me, just kept repeating about the 2 months. I should have kicked him in the nads. When I left I was so mad and replayed everything in my head and I realized I didn't really see the ultrasound that well and the tech never said she saw a yolk sac. I called back and asked as soon as I got home. She said she "could kind of see it", what kind of answer is that? So tomorrow, I am marching back up there and getting my records. I want to see them myself. My first real ob appointment is not for another two weeks. I'm just very nervous. My symptoms right now are just sore breasts, some light on and off cramping in lower abdoman, a little lower back soreness and also some bowel movement changes- most of this all goes away at night oddly enough. With not much to go off of can anyone give me a little reassurance that things sound okay so far? I'm already a person who naturally worries, this was just not a good day. Thank you so much ladies

Last edited by Mrs.Pinwheel; July 10th, 2012 at 03:49 PM.
July 10th, 2012, 08:22 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I am sorry you did not have kinder doctors and u/s tech. I do say the u/s scan sounded right at the right on track and is there any questions you were asking the doctor that didn't get answered from them as I can try to see if I can answer them

July 10th, 2012, 09:28 PM
Baby Boy Coming in March!
In my experience.... see a different doctor if you are already getting a bad vibe or not getting the concern you feel you should be getting. You need a dr who will address your concerns during pregnancy, period. If he can't do it, surely someone else will and will be more than happy to allow your insurance to pay them bookoo amounts of money for the prenatal care & delivery of your baby. YOU are paying THEM. Don't ever forget that, even for a second! Hang in there hun!!
Lyndsey2013 likes this.

July 31st, 2012, 07:54 AM
jeangeorge2742728's Avatar Crazy Momma 2 seven
I was 5 wks 4 days with my first US and all they seen was a fetal pole, 3 wks later a baby was there. So I would say your right where your supposed to be.
Samuel (Sammy) Wesley 5-27-07
Kaitlynn Faith 6-11-08
MaryJean Hope 9-16-11
Ethan Curtis 02-06-13
August 24th, 2012, 02:41 PM
Man thats a total bummer and completely understand your frustration. I went in and they said i was just at the exact day they start ultra sounds. They did mine transvaginally, and said pretty much the same thing. She pointed to what she believed what was the yolk. I asked well is that normal, and she just kinda smirked and was like thats really all i can tell you. but then i went a week and a half later an bam! baby and heart beat. Im sure all is well love. Much love and b lessings to you and your little one
October 11th, 2012, 01:14 PM
Im sorry you had to deal with that. If people want to work in that field they need to be considerate and sympathetic to others feelings. I'm going through something similar so I understand
October 12th, 2012, 01:44 PM
amberj90's Avatar Veteran
I had an awful doctor when I was pregnant with my son. I had to stay with her because she was the only one who would accept medicaid in my area, but as soon as I graduated college and was able to, I moved back to my hometown and got a new doctor (the one who delivered me!). I was over 8 months pregnant but I don't regret it a bit. If you have any other options I would check them out. You will feel so much better if you are completely comfortable with your doctor. I wouldn't wait as long as I did if you can help it though lol.
October 15th, 2012, 03:30 AM
MrsLat's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Ugh, sometimes doctors and u/s techs can become "callous", (for lack of a better word) because they see the same thing day in and day out. They forget that we as mothers, DO NOT SEE THIS EVERYDAY and will have lots of questions. I hate when they are smug and rude. Like everyone said above, if you can.. get a new doctor. Get recommendations and see what that actually remembers that you are newly pregnant and worried. They are paid thousands of dollars to be your doctor. They can at least be nice about it. If they aren't, find someone that is. Good luck to you hun

October 16th, 2012, 03:06 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm so sorry you had such a horrible experience! I can't believe the nerve of some techs and doctors. Don't worry! Seriously, it's still too early to see anything on and ultrasound. Even at 7 weeks sometimes they don't see much, so don't worry just yet. I know it's hard not to (I'm a worrier, too!) but you can do it. Thoughts and prayers!

Tags
nervous , sac , symptoms , ultrasound

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search