SCH - Subchorionic Bleed

Forum: Pregnancy Questions

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Blessed Mommy Of 5
  • 1 Post By Candyr80

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy Questions LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 23rd, 2012, 12:01 PM
Baby Boy Coming in March!
Anyone have any knowledge of this topic? I was just told I have a few of these and I'm not really sure what to expect. This was discovered on Friday at the ER, and I have yet to see/talk to my dr. Grateful for any stories/resources you ladies might have to share....

Thanks!

July 25th, 2012, 06:31 PM
Blessed Mommy Of 5's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I was diagnosed with one early in my pregnancy (10.5 weeks). I was told that it could cause bleeding (which in my case it never did). Mine was 2 cm by 2 cm. I was also told that they usually disappear on their own without causing any issues. I had my anatomy scan done at a perinatologist office so that they could also check the SCH (at 19.6 weeks) and it was completely gone! There were a few ladies in my DDC also diagnosed with one and each of ours went away on their own without causing any issues. Try not to worry or stress about it; it is more than likely harmless
pickle0313 likes this.

July 26th, 2012, 09:43 AM
This is most likely nothing to worry about, you and the baby will be fine. Here is a good resource:

Subchorionic Bleed
July 30th, 2012, 10:16 PM
I had this at 6 weeks, also diagnosed in the ER after spotting. It was explained to me that it's a clot that happens when the placenta is attaching to the uterus and most of them disappear after the 1st trimester. I was just told to take it easy. I had another ultrasound at 10 weeks and the tech said it was teeny tiny. At 13w4d I had an intravaginal ultrasound done by a pernatologist and the the SCH was completely gone. And then he surprised us by asking if we wanted to know the gender and it's a boy!!!!
pickle0313 likes this.
August 3rd, 2012, 10:33 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I have one, and the primary issues I've had with it are bleeding episodes (spotting, as well as heavier episodes were I was passing clots), pretty regular cramping, and a small amount of placenta abruption at one point. The SCH seemed to be at its largest about 2 weeks ago when it was 4cm, and I was put on bed rest at that point, but it has since shrunk to about 2cm. I was taken off bed rest on Wednesday, and am now just on restricted activity (no exercise, straining, or lifting; pelvic rest; only light activity). Once the SCH resolves completely, all restrictions will be lifted.

Some women have spotting/bleeding with an SCH, and some don't (some never even know they have one). The larger they are the more problematic they tend to be, but my understanding is that most SCHs will resolve before 20 weeks. Your doctor will likely just keep a close eye on yours by doing regular ultrasounds, and will restrict your activities if it seems necessary. It's really scary to have any bleeding during pregnancy (believe me, I know!!), but if you're only experiencing spotting then try not to worry too much. Just follow your OB's directions and you will likely see the SCHs resolve sometime over the next couple months.

Good luck, and best wishes for a healthy pregnancy.

August 5th, 2012, 07:45 PM
lovelyenchanted's Avatar Super Mommy
I had one, diagnosed around 7 weeks... although I think I may have had a tiny bit of spotting at 6 weeks. It was small, around 2 cm I think. My dr. told me I would likely be ok, but at that point it was a wait and see game. I wasn't put on bedrest, just told no sex for a few weeks. By the time I had my NT scan (at 13.5 weeks, but would have been 12.5 weeks if my DD hadn't been moved up)it was completely gone.

Try to relax and just take it easy if you feel you need to. I wasn't put on bed rest but relaxed as much as possible, and made sure I drank plenty of water.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search