how much longer

Forum: Pregnancy Questions

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Abbyka

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy Questions LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 24th, 2012, 06:24 PM
amcashes's Avatar Swollen Feet Mommy
I have had morning sickness from 5 weeks I am 10 weeks now. When will it go away. I cant eat or drink without getting sick and if I vomit it just gets worse. Is there anything I can do to make it better or will it go away soon?

I am a crunchy stay at home mom to a , , and a my husband is in our eyes.
July 25th, 2012, 04:29 PM
MiaVena's Avatar Proud Mommy
oh you are so close...it usually goes away after the first trimester....try mixing water with loads and loads of lemon...that sure helped me around
July 25th, 2012, 06:24 PM
Blessed Mommy Of 5's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Try nibbling saltine crackers. I found that if I let my stomach get completely empty, the morning sickness was much worse. Saltines seem to be fairly easy to keep down with morning sickness.

July 29th, 2012, 11:52 PM
Regular
Are you pregnant?f you are, it's normal. You eat foods that are favorable to your taste. Avoid eating too much, it can cause nausea and vomiting.
September 23rd, 2012, 06:50 PM
Now in week 18 it came back. I hate this i wish it would go away forever!

September 24th, 2012, 10:47 AM
With my second pregnancy I was sick through out the whole 8 1/2 months(had to have a csection due to her position, she was sideways with her head tilted backwards!). It sucked then but I considered it a mixed blessing once she was born. I was so sick I never over ate. I'd force myself to eat the necessary amount of food, but was never tempted to over eat. I gained the healthy amount of weight and was able to take it off easily after giving birth. My son I was sick for the first month and a half to two months and then nothing. I over ate to high heaven and gained 70 lbs! He was a big baby too, almost 10 lbs.

I like to laugh about the morning sickness being an indicator to my daughter's personality. She's a bit of a spitfire/free spirit.
September 24th, 2012, 11:10 AM
Yea with this one I have lost ten pounds. i was 210 before and now I am 200.

September 24th, 2012, 11:50 AM
I assume your doctor isn't alarmed yet by that much weight loss. From what I've read women who are a little more overweight to begin with need to gain much less than someone who weighs less. I looked into this when ttc this time around because I've been dieting in order to get pregnant the past 14 months(lost 135 lbs altogether before getting pregnant). As long as your doc isn't alarmed, then that shouldn't be a problem. So for now try to see the bright side and just make sure you're at least eating enough for you and baby.

But here's some thing that helped me with my nausea. Crackers(the go to!), ginger ale(some people say drink it warm and flat but I drank it cold as is and it worked too), a shower(warm or cold, it varied for me), and simply just laying down for a bit. Heck, sometimes I got nauseous because I needed to eat, with my daughter I was hypoglycemic and that caused some of my nausea too. Good luck!
amcashes likes this.
September 24th, 2012, 05:39 PM
Veteran
For me it has let up around 12-14 weeks in most pregnancies. This one was my easiest and I think it's because I ate a meal or snack pretty much around the clock. I always had protein and a little carbs with what I ate and ate about every 2 hours while I was awake. The Sea Bands motion sickness bands also helped me!

I hope you get over it soon!
September 24th, 2012, 06:17 PM
Yea I dont eat much. Yesterday and today I ate one meal because I didnt feel good or I wasnt hungrey.

September 24th, 2012, 07:09 PM
That could very well be making the existing nausea worse. You should keep a food journal to make sure you're eating just enough to sustain you and the baby. I know with my daughter it usually made things worse if I didn't eat when I should have.
September 25th, 2012, 06:43 AM
I know that my prenatals also make it worse.

September 25th, 2012, 07:04 AM
amandabee's Avatar Veteran
Has your doctor mentioned that there are meds out there to help you with your morning sickness/getting sick? I was very ill my first trimester into the beginning of my second trimester. So he gave me Zofran, it helps SOOOOO much! I don't get sick at all now.
September 25th, 2012, 07:51 AM
Ask your doctor about vitamin b6, I've read a lot about it helping with morning sickness. But don't take it unless you've talked to your doctor first. Too much can be a bad thing too. As for your prenatals, try taking them right before bed. I found with my last pregnancy I got sick right away taking them and had to take them before I went to bed each night.
September 25th, 2012, 01:07 PM
The doctor wont put me on it even though he has seen my weight loss and as for my prenatals i have told him about them making me sick all the time if i take them at night i am up and down all night getting sick and he still makes me take them (the same ones i have been taking)

September 25th, 2012, 08:11 PM
The vitamins are necessary though, so bear with it. Try taking them with a meal. That's what I do now and it seems to work just fine. Everyone's pregnancy is different, so try everything you see suggested. Eventually you might find something that helps. I think the doctor isn't too concerned with the weight loss yet, but if it gets any worse maybe he will do something about it. The fact that he isn't concerned should show you that you shouldn't be concerned. Yeah that doesn't help the situation suck less, but for now it's the reality.

I've been getting nauseous at night for the past week(I'm not very far along) so I feel you on the night time sickness. I'm hoping that will change soon or that I will find something that helps.
October 1st, 2012, 04:28 PM
Veteran
really no advice other than ginger ale and saltines only things that remotely helped and even then didnt really( was sick all day everyday till about 14 weeks starting at 4 weeks) smell would make it even worse garlic was HORRIBLE & unfortuneately the fiancee loves cooking with garlic. on the positive side it should almost be over ( if its that bothersome i would say something to the doctor there should be something they could do/give you)
October 2nd, 2012, 08:39 AM
Veteran
one other thing just remembered something from my first.Prenatals made me sick so the doctor told me to take a flinstones complete every morning and night insted of prenatals. Really did help & actually was told to do this if got sick from them with my 2nd and 3rd too.maybe this will help a bit

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search