Low Amniotic Fluid?

Forum: Pregnancy Questions

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy Questions LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 1st, 2012, 12:13 AM
FL Mama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hello, ladies. I haven't posted in a while for my own reasons, but I am here now to ask about my sister. She is not a member, but she has an issue I have never had to deal with. She called me earlier this evening to tell me that her doc/s are telling her that her amniotic fluid is low. Short back story; this is her first pregnancy - almost 33wks along - , but she is high risk because she is on Keppra because she had a random seizure almost 4yrs ago. In the last two days she has has two steroid shots to mature the baby's lungs "just in case". She will be having u/s' twice a week to keep an eye on things, and they hope she will get to 36-37wks before they have to intervene, if it comes to that. She told me the normal fluid amt is 8-18 - she is at 3.5 fluid level. I would appreciate any info or advice anybody can give me who has had this experience or has known anybody who has. As you can assume, my sis is more than freaked out. This is her first baby. TIA!!

Noah Joseph - 8/22/03
Jonah Thomas - 9/29/05
Patricia Carryl - Due 8/23/13

Missing my Heavenly Babies - 10/28/04 - 14wks & Baby Born Still - 10/18/11 - 17wks

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search