i am pregnant and freaking out big time

Forum: Pregnancy Questions

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By chickadee

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy Questions LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 3rd, 2012, 04:35 AM
Ok I always wanted kids and so. I know my Bf for 9 years but we are together now for 5 months and we just found out (3 dats ago) I am 5 weeks pregnant, it was not planed it just happened, I am freaking out big time, I have this mood swings (this is going to sound not good) that and then I don’t want this baby and how it is going to change our lives and am I ready for this. I am mad about everything. I cant seem to get my head around it that I am going to be a mom. Oh I am turning 28 in October! I cant think of me being pregnant, me of all people, am I going to be a good mom. I am not very happy about this pregnancy but there is nothing I can do about it now. I do get exited at times me being a mom and so. But the fear and freaking out takes over very quickly. And these mood swings I take out everything on my Bf. I cant help it. Please tell me I am going to be ok and that I will except the fact that I am going to be a mom. I cry myself to sleep every night.
August 3rd, 2012, 10:41 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm so sorry you're having such a hard time. *hugs* I don't have any very useful advice, but I definitely have experience with the mood swings! They can be very rough, I know. The good news on that front is that they do tend settle down once you get further along; I am feeling much more "normal" again these days, and my husband is glad I'm not alternately yelling at him and bursting into tears anymore.

I can't predict how you, personally, will feel in a few weeks... but cut yourself a little slack and remember that you found out about this major life change just a few days ago. It's think it's perfectly normal to be feeling a lot of ups and downs right now (that would happen just from the hormones alone!), so take some deep breaths and know that you just may need a bit of time to adjust - and that's ok.

I wish you a lot of luck, and a very heathy pregnancy.
HeiMich likes this.

August 12th, 2012, 12:16 PM
things happen. i'm 25 and am a single mother so be glad he's still there for you. things can always be worse. just do the best you can. i still get scared and upset sometimes but that's how things are. there's always going to be something to set your mind back. try not to think about it. i couldn't bare the thought of losing my LO
August 19th, 2012, 11:11 AM
Veteran
((hugs)) It's really tough to face a pregnancy you don't feel ready for. It's especially hard in the first trimester when you often feel really bad. But, it generally does get better when you feel the baby move, see your baby on ultrasound, etc.

I think that we're given 9 months for a reason... you usually don't feel ready when you get that positive pregnancy test... but at the end of 9 months you're ready to meet your baby.

Remember too, you grow as your baby grows. You don't start with an older child, you start with a baby. Their challenges help you grow as a person, and be prepared for the next stage.

My first baby came at a really bad time, but now, a decade later, I am so grateful for her. She has helped me grow into a person that I like -- and I never would have been without her. She's the best thing that ever happened to me.
September 4th, 2012, 06:16 AM
.:Kati:.'s Avatar kyler's mommy
You'll be okay hun,these are normal feelings for a first time mom. It's all worth it.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search