Very slow rising HCG level

Forum: Pregnancy Questions

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By NewGirl

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy Questions LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 4th, 2012, 01:47 PM
Hello everyone. I am brand new to this. First, I want to say how much I admire all of you. In the past few days I have been reading quite a few boards and I have been touched by so many stories of strength, healing and struggle. My husband (33) and I (32), recently found put we were pregnant. This was a big surprise as we weren't trying. Going by my LMP, I am 6 weeks. I think my counting may be off however and may actually only be 4 weeks. I have been having mild to medium pain in my lower right side. My doctor sent me for a U/S and found a small egg sac. She then took my HCG level and it was found to be 39. Two days later, it moved to only 42. The doctor seems really concerned with my very slow rising HCG. I am waiting for the results of a third test. My question is, have any of you experienced a slow rising HCG which lead to a healthy pregnancy. Besides the right side pelvic pain, I have no other pregnancy symptoms. If you have experienced my issue and it did not lead to a healthy pregnancy, any help/advice/wisdom that you can share with me will be appreciated.
August 4th, 2012, 08:00 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Yeah that is slow but it could still be slightly early. When is your next bloodwork ?

August 5th, 2012, 11:53 AM
momof8lopez's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
If the dr. found a small sac and your hcg was only a 42, sounds like it is an impending m/c. Usually sacs are found when the hcg is 1500 or higher. Yours might of been higher at one point early on and the pregnancy failed, giving you lower levels now. Needs to be watched carefully for an ectopic, as they are known to sometimes show a "psuedo" sac or ghost sac and still be in the tube.

Praying for the best possible outcome, definitely call you dr. for a follow up soon.

Momma of 8 beautiful children now. Most recent is Jerry Jr. born 11/19/12 at 37wk, 7lbs 6oz and 19.5inches and Baby Reymundo born 10/7/13 at 35w6d, 6lbs 7oz, 19.5 inches. Momma of 5 angels. New siggy to come!

August 6th, 2012, 09:21 AM
Thank you ladies for responding. The doctor's office just called me. My HCG level from last Friday came back and it is a 34.5. The number is dropping. The doctor said I am having a miscarriage. I have accepted that. However, I have had no bleeding, spotting or discharge. They said they do not believe it is ecotopic because the number dropped. When should I begin seeing the signs of a miscarriage. Can I flat out ask for a D&C?
August 6th, 2012, 05:36 PM
Even though there hasn't been very many responses to this thread, I still want to keep it updated through the whole process, just in case there are any future "new girls" in the same or similar situation. I searched the web for days looking for a situation similar to mine and I couldn't find anything that close. So, my story continues.

Since hearing from my doctor this AM, I did start bleeding. In fact, it just started. There was a small, super small amount of brown discharge earlier around noon. I then started to feel just like I was getting my period. I had cramps and a mild upset stomach. The bleeding pace thus far has been slow. It is just like a period and hopefully, it will stay that way.

I will keep you updated.
jkbaxter612 likes this.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search