HCG not doubling but rising....

Forum: Pregnancy Questions

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy Questions LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 16th, 2012, 05:14 PM
Hi All! My name is Celina and my husband and I struggled to get pregnant for 3+ years. After getting a diagnosis of stage 3 endometriosis we finally are pregnant after the help of IVF. Here's my story...

We were pregnant with twins last Monday. My hcg levels are rising steadily but not doubling in 48 hours as the doctors want to see. At 5 weeks 4 days I got a diagnosis of ectopic pregnancy with no evidence of an ectopic pregnancy. We got a second opinoin from that of our Reproductive Endocrinologist. The second opinoin was that we have a viable pregnancy. On Tuesday of this week I miscarried one of the twins. Keep in mind that they have only seen gestational sacs. I passed a large clot of tissue and we thought my pregnancy was gone. Went back yesterday and we still have one gestational sac there!!

Here is my concerns: They can only see the gestational sac right now; however the gestational sac that remains intact continues to grow every time we see it on the intravaginal ultrasound. I'm concerned that they haven't seen the fetal pole or heartbeat yet. I get this from my RE's office telling me that I needed to terminate my pregnancy because my hcg levels were not high enough.

My second concern is that my hcg levels are not doubling every 48 hours. HCG at 6w 3d was 2800. 6w 5d was 4283. It continues to rise even after losing a twin but I'm wondering if anyone else has been through this? I'm so worried and heartbroken. Our RE's office want us to terminate the pregnancy and have been very forecful and disapproving of our refusal to do so until we have proof. It's been very daunting. My regualr OBGYN says that everything looks normal for our gestional period but I am concerned about my hcg levels and not being able to see the baby in the sac yet.

Can anyone help?? <3
August 19th, 2012, 07:53 AM
Mega Super Mommy
To me the numbers look great and it's great that the numbers are still rising. When are you going to get another u/s ??

Tags
fetal pole , gestational sac , hcg , heartbeat

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search