Spotting/bleeding at 6 weeks

Forum: Pregnancy Questions

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy Questions LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 22nd, 2012, 03:04 PM
Hiya,

Firstly sorry if this is too TMI!!

I'm 6 weeks pregnant with my first pregancy, I haven't had my first antenatal appt yet (that's at 8 weeks) so I don't really have much information to go on, except feedback from other women who've been pregnant before.

My husband and I had sex on Monday, and I noticed a couple of hours later that I had bled a tiny bit. I panicked, so went straight to my doctor, who told me that bleeding after sex in early pregnancy is common, as everything is sitting so low in the uterus. I was so frazzled, I forgot to ask if it was SAFE to have sex at the moment!! DH and I have agreed to stay clear until we know our bean is safe, but does anyone know if we've done any harm already??

I didn't bleed at all yesterday, but I just noticed that I have a small amount of pale pink discharge in my knickers when I went to the bathroom. Is this normal? Should I be worried? My doctor told me that if I get any bleeding, I should go to my early pregancy unit for a scan to make sure everything is ok. I don't think this is anywhere near enough to think it was "real" bleeding, if you know what I mean!!

I'm just anxious that I don't want to neglect anything either!

I have all my other pregancy symptoms - LOTS of spots, big, sore boobs, some MILD tummy cramps. But I also get worn out standing up for a long time - almost with a pulling feeling down there if I'm on my feet for a couple of hours. Is that normal this early on?

Sorry for the thousand questions, but thank you in advance for all your advice!
September 10th, 2012, 02:30 PM
Run_Kat_Run's Avatar Veteran
Send a message via AIM to Run_Kat_Run
I can't say if it's normal for your pregnancy, but since I got pregnant I've developed a polyp on my cervix that causes very minor bleeding after sex. Like you said, almost just a little pink discharge.

September 11th, 2012, 08:06 AM
misty3281's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
It's totally safe to have sex during early pregnancy. We had sex the day we found out and I was only 3 weeks. As long as it's light spotting and you're still getting BFP's I would say it's ok. If it gets heavier though I would definitely go in and get it checked out. Always better safe than sorry though so if you're concerned I would go in and have them do a couple sets of betas and just make sure the numbers are rising. Good luck!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search