A confusing Pregnancy (5 weeks pregnant, spotting, low hcg level and no sac)

Forum: Pregnancy Questions

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy Questions LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 29th, 2012, 03:44 AM
Im 5 weeks pregnant. On the 5th of august we conceived. I had my last period on the 22nd July. Since lasw wednesday 5 days after finding out im pregnant i started spotting and am still spotting (7days now) its dark brown blood then dried up blood) I took a digical clearblue test on the friday to check if imk still pregnant and it said 4-5 weeks. I continued to spot so yesterday i booked and got a Vag / unltrasound and we could see no sac but alot of linning. My Doc said he couldnt see any signs of a eptopic pregnancy. He doesnt want to say its a miss either as it could still be too early. With my first child i spotted like this and until 9 weeks. He was born full term healthy. I did a blood hcg test and it says 180 for 5 weeks pregnant which my doc now says is too low and says its a possible i had a misscaridge but thing is i still have very tender breast which are getting tender by the day, I have no pain or cramps and the spotting is not alot to fill a panty linner or only when i wipe and its not bright red like a misscarige. I dont know where i should hold onto hope that something might just come up like the pregnancy with my first born or just accept i have had a miscarige. I only ever had one miscarige and it was at 13 weeks the baby died at 9 weeks so i had a missed miscarige with that one. Is there anybody who has been through this. Thank you (this is my first post: Hoping somebody would answer)
August 29th, 2012, 06:47 AM
I have been through both a missed miscarriage and what my doctor called a "chemical pregnancy" because I lost it so soon after conception. I am currently 7 weeks with #4 and trying desperately not to be too worried about how things are going to go, so I think I understand the anxiety you must be feeling. Does your doctor have you scheduled to keep checking your hcg levels? That is really the best way to determine if you are losing the pregnancy. It sounds like your doctor is unsure of some things too and should already have a follow-up plan with you. If not, I would call and ask for a follow-up appointment and blood work. In the meantime, distraction is the only thing that works for me to keep me from worrying constantly. I work, I knit, I read, whatever to keep my mind off of it until we have our ultrasound in a couple of weeks.

Good luck to you and I will have you in my prayers.
August 29th, 2012, 01:36 PM
Thank you. Congrats, im sure all will go very well. My doc was a bit confused because it is too early i do have to go again on friday to check my hcg levels again but they very low 180 so im not going to be too hopefull. Its been 7 days of spotting and i was holding onto this pregnancy still thinking im pregnant, this afternoon when i got home i just let it go and was not that hopeful anymore and i guess my body realised that and finally let the miss happen because it was taking too long. I think as soon as i started spotting i was loosing the baby and just held on, and thats why i kept all my pregnancy symtoms. I had alot of pain this afternoon and all pregnancy symtoms gone, blood has gone red but not much of it. My doc said when i fall pregnant again i must phone him straight away for progestrone, seems i have very low levels of it. I have 1 child and only progestrone surived that pregnancy. Hope i fall pregnant soon, it took me years of trying for first. MY poor LB is getting so bored he needs a sibling.
September 2nd, 2012, 04:26 PM
.:Kati:.'s Avatar kyler's mommy
Sending thoughts and prayers your way! Any update??

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search