X-Posted Need Opinons and PRAYERS!

Forum: Pregnancy Questions

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy Questions LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 22nd, 2012, 10:43 AM
Pretty_N_Ink's Avatar Super Mommy
First of all, hi everyone. I am a mother to two beautiful children ages 3 and 8. I am now 22 weeks pregnant with our third-a girl. We have seen doctor after doctor and nobody can answer whats going on.

Heres our story:

We found out we're expecting and everything was perfect. Had the usual morning sickness and other symptoms that passed around 11-12 weeks and everything was bliss. Found out shes a girl <3
I was having a picture perfect pregnancy. Everything was going great.
At 19 weeks, everything changed.
I began feeling sick, like I was coming down with the flu. I was groggy, weak, had muscle aches and slight fevers. I took it easy and treated with tylenol. I thought I was just run down.
A few days later I had an OB appt and ultrasound. Ultrasound was for anatomy which showed everything was perfect. Doctor said my urine showed a slight uti and to take macrobid for a week. I told him I think I'm having contractions regularly and that whatever thats making me sick could be causing it. He said, "no no no...you're just cramping from the uti." I figured I should trust him, he's the doctor, but I still KNEW something was off.
I went home and my pain got worse. I could barely get out of bed. My whole body felt awful like I was in a car wreck and I was still having fevers. I gave the antibiotics a few days before I started questioning why I wasnt getting better. I decided to see a different OB for a 2nd opinon. The couple days leading up to that appointment I was shaking, crying from abdomen pain and flank pain, started this thick orange discharge, and breaking out in horrible sweats. My DF took me to the L&D floor and they said I was 1 cm dialated and having contractions. They gave me terbutaline injections 3X before contractions stopped. I also had a temp of 101.6. The new doctor was on call and he said take it easy, bedrest til our appointment-2 days later, finish antibiotics as given.
Appointment came and I was even worse. I couldnt stand up, I had began spotting that morning, uncontrollable shaking. I wanted to die. The doctor took my temp and it was 103. Baby girl's HB was 180's. He "knocked" on my kidneys and said, "she has a kidney infection, get her to the hospital NOW!"

At the hospital they stopped contractions again and treated fever. I was immediately admmited. They did an u/s and said baby looked okay now but fluid was at 6.8 when it should be at around 10. They also said there were "pockets" of fluid in my uterus as well as what could be a "vanishing twin" from earlier in the pregnancy because there was an empty sac with debri.
Anyhow, I was given lots of fluids and antibiotics. They had to stop contractions about 4-5 times periodically and I had fevers well over 102 continuously. Doctor came and saw me and said I need a level 2 u/s to determine what that was in my uterus and that had to be done out of the hospital-so we had to just wait.
I was in for 2 1/2 days and felt amazing, like a new woman. I was eating again, laughing, walking, etc. Doctor said u/s showed my kidneys were fine and I probably had the flu so discharged me at 9:30 pm and said come in to my office tomorrow morning for the level 2.

DF and I went home where I immediately wanted to bathe and go to bed. I took my temp which was 100.7 (seriously?), I took tylenol and then took a bath and went to bed. I got to up to potty 3 times before what happened next. I was sleeping like a baby when I woke up to a horriblw "wave" like pain coming up my legs. I waited for it to pass but it didnt, it just kept getting harder and harder and stronger-like it had a hold on me. It was constant and spread to pelvis, abdomen, and back. I thought I had to go #2 suddenly so I tried to stand and fell, my legs hurts so bad they just gave out. I cried and cried as I crawled about 10 feet to the bathroom and pulled myself up to the door knob and walked in doubled over, sat down and started going #1. I felt something the size of a tennis ball come out of me, then another and another another. Different shapes and sizes but all solid blood clots and when I looked down I had bled a trail of blood into the bathroom. I screamed for my DF and he ran in, helped me pull my pants up. Wrapped me in a towel and carried me to the car. At the hospital they took me on a strecher and asked me what happened. I was JUST discharged. No sex, no rough housing, no activity, NOTHING. U/S showed baby was okay and moving. Her HB was in the 150's. But I was hemmorhaging blood. I was admitted and on bedrest with a catheter, not allowed to eat for 24 hrs in case of surgery. Doctor tried transferring me to a higher level of care with a level 3 NICU but nobody will bother since baby is considered "pre-viable" and they wont do anything. Doctor told me to prepare myself for a loss, just in case, but cant tell me why this is happening. Another doctor came and saw me also have no clue whats going on or where the bleeding is coming from. So here I am at 22 weeks and havent left the hospital, or my bed. I havent seen my kids barely at all and there is no end in sight. I have had contractions stopped at least once per day. Mu blood work shows nothing and they keep doing blood draws/lab work to compare but nothing ever shows. All they results are normal. I am on iron and an oral medicine twice a day to calm my uterus. I'm still bleeding bright red blood with and without clots. Enough to fill the hospital pads twice a day. I have horrible menestral cramps. But they dont know where its coming from.
Can ANYBODY please please please share any info, opinons, advice? I am so sorry this is so long but thank you for reading through and I hope someone, somewhere has a similar experience they can share to give me some insight. Thank you.

RIP Bristol Grace 10/28/12-11/19/12
You're always in our hearts sweet girl
October 23rd, 2012, 07:28 AM
sunqueen's Avatar Super Mommy
Sorry I can't help but didn't want to leave without sending you a hug and I hope everything is going to be ok.

October 23rd, 2012, 04:02 PM
amandabee's Avatar Veteran
Oh hun, I am so sorry that you're going through all this with no answers. I've never been through such a thing, but I just wanted to say that I hope they get you some answers SOON!
October 27th, 2012, 06:17 AM
Missa_Mae's Avatar First Time Mommy!
I am so sorry you're going through this and I am surprised they can't find what's causing the blood clots ...

I am glad to hear that the baby is ok ... sometimes bleeding in pregnancy just happenes without cause, although with that much blood & clots & pain, they should be able to find the cause.

Have they checked your cervix? Are you dialated? High BP?

Co-Host of the April 2013 Playroom

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search