We pride ourselves on having the friendliest
and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment
for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers.
If you have any problems registering please drop an email to email@example.com.
Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!
I am due in a few months and I am looking for ways to lose weight that way I know where to start and all. Before I got pregnant I was 200 pounds and I lost a lot of weight due to morning sickness and now at 23 weeks I weigh 203 pounds. But I want to be able to get down to 150 pounds after baby is here. So here are my questions.
1. How do mommies lose weight while breastfeeding?
2. Is there a book or website that I can go to for some tips?
3. Are there any exercises to help rebuild the muscles after a c-section?
4. What exercises should I avoid doing?
Any and all tips and suggestions will be greatly appreciated!
I am a crunchy stay at home mom to a , , and a my husband is in our eyes.
1. How do mommies lose weight while breastfeeding? I both weighed 175 lbs when I delivered my 1st and my 2nd babies. However, the difference was that during my first, I just breastfed her for a month and lost just around 40 lbs then -- within 4 years! And for my 2nd baby, my son, since I gave birth to him last January, I lost 40 lbs in just 4 months -- I'm 125 lbs down now and still counting as I'm still bf-ing him. btw, this is with a normal diet, though most of the time I eat a lot. That's the miracle of bf; you won't have to go to the gym or eat less, but still, you will lose weight. That's because milk is calories as well. Let your LO suck all the calories ou from you; aside from making LO healthy, you two get bonded, too.
2. Is there a book or website that I can go to for some tips? google is your friend, my friend. Or to be specific, this website will help a lot as well.
3. Are there any exercises to help rebuild the muscles after a c-section? Yes, but don't go into sudden exercise; give it time to heal first for at least 3 months or when the doctor advises you so. Though definitely, protein will rebuild/repair tissues, not exercise. Exercise will just strengthen it -- try sit ups then.
4. What exercises should I avoid doing? For the first few months, lifting, carrying heavy objects, squatting, sit ups, and ever exercise that will make you exert force from and to your abdomen should be avoided.
I have the best job in the world the second time! -- and I'm lovin' it!
talk with your doctor. Mine gave me all kids of information on losing baby weight after c-section. The one's that I really liked, was myfitnesspal and spark people. Also, find out from them on when you can actually start working out. I believe after my c-section, it was about 6 weeks or so.