Still don't know gender at 23 weeks

Forum: Pregnancy Questions

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy Questions LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 28th, 2012, 04:12 PM
amcashes's Avatar Swollen Feet Mommy
I just don't get why they couldn't tell me for sure what the gender is. It is starting to really get to me. All they told me was "it was looking like that" when I asked if it was a boy. But they would never come right out and say the gender. What do you guys think? I am so lost.

I am a crunchy stay at home mom to a , , and a my husband is in our eyes.
October 30th, 2012, 11:03 AM
MrsLat's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I can't tell and wouldn't want to try and guess because I am not trained. Sometimes babies can be really hesitant to get in a good position to see. If you get another scan, ask to have them try and look again. You could also go to an independent place that does like 3D scans and get one done yourself to see for sure... they can be kind of expensive, but I would want to know.

I hope you find out soon!

November 9th, 2012, 04:24 AM
Veteran
try another practitioner that does it. maybe this time they can tell what the gender is...
November 14th, 2012, 10:38 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I didn't find out what my first was till i was 32 weeks. Sometime baby crosses there legs and it make's it hard to see.

November 15th, 2012, 10:00 PM
I found out at 14 weeks in a private scan and was told they were 150% sure and I could paint the nursery and buy baby clothes. Private scan places can be a lot better because they take their time and move around to get the angles they need. Although

At 23 weeks, I would have asked why they couldn't be sure. You were due at least an explanation. Most people expect to find out at their 20 week scan for sure unless they've done a private scan earlier and already know.
November 16th, 2012, 07:14 AM
amcashes's Avatar Swollen Feet Mommy
We finally found out a few weeks back. Baby is a boy.

I am a crunchy stay at home mom to a , , and a my husband is in our eyes.
November 16th, 2012, 09:45 PM
Veteran
Maybe it's just so hard finding out your baby's gender because of his position. Be patient and pray.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search