Slow Rising HCG Levels

Forum: Pregnancy Questions

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy Questions LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 2nd, 2012, 05:22 PM
At the end of September I had a few days of spotting. So I took an at home pregnancy test on September 27th and it was negative. September 29th was my LMP and I also started getting light headed. That whole week I had bad spells. I was experiencing other symptoms so I took another at home pregnancy test on October 17th and it was positive. I got in touch with my doctor and he has been monitoring my hcg levels.
  • 2722 on October 25th
  • 3843 on October 29th
  • 4529 on October 31st
On October 31st I also had an ultrasound and it estimated that I was 4 weeks 3 days. The ultrasound tech pointed out a sac that was located in the endometrium. From all those results they couldn't confirm if the pregnancy is/is not and ectopic pregnancy. Doctor also said that there is a 75% that I will miscarry.
I have been reading many forums online that point to other things besides ectopic pregnancies and miscarriages such as twins and abnormalities with the baby even to successful happy stories of pregnancies with no complications and healthy babies.
I'm confused and fear the unknown. I just want to know. I go in on Monday for more lab work and than again on Thursday including another ultrasound. Since my LMP I have had cramping but nothing severe and no other spotting or bleeding. Any feedback?
November 4th, 2012, 11:16 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I would say Your Hcg Levels look great for the pregnancy week you are at . If it was ectopic you would be in serious pain. I would definitely look for another OB due to them telling you having a 75% miscarriage when your levels are still going up and no bleeding. I believe that was very wrong of your OB to say that.

November 5th, 2012, 09:33 AM
sunqueen's Avatar Super Mommy
I'd probably try to get another ultrasound to check if everything is ok!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom2Brendan View Post
I would say Your Hcg Levels look great for the pregnancy week you are at . If it was ectopic you would be in serious pain. I would definitely look for another OB due to them telling you having a 75% miscarriage when your levels are still going up and no bleeding. I believe that was very wrong of your OB to say that.
To that in red;not necessarily - I got to “week 8” with an ectopic without any pain.

November 5th, 2012, 05:16 PM
Veteran
My friend has been diagnosed with ectopic pregnancy when she constantly feel intensive pain located on her lower abdomen. You are pain-free so try consulting another doctor and ask for a second opinion. God bless!
November 9th, 2012, 04:15 PM
Thank you everyone for your repsones. On Monday 11/5 they ran more lab work to check my hcg levels. It only rose to 4580. Early Wednesday morning I started to experience cramping and some spotting. On Thursday I had another ultrasound and more lab work. This morning the doctor called me back and told me my hcg levels are now declining and there was no heartbeat found on the ultrasound. She also said she is 99% sure it is not an ectopic pregnancy. I plan on doing this naturally but she said it could take weeks. Today is day 3 of miscarriage symptoms, the bleeding has increased a little and I have more cramping and pain. I really hope this doesn't take weeks to pass. I can deal with the physical pain but the emotional pain is getting the best of me. My boyfriend travels for work so he is on the road making his way back to me but it's been hard on both of us. Regardless of the situation we decided to name the baby. The last few days we have been stumbling across unisex baby names until we decided on one today. Angel.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search